six

George woke up to his mom knocking and yelling through the door. "George your friend is here!"

Oh shit.

He completely forgot Dream was coming over to work again and there was no way he could bring Dream into his room right then.

George threw all of his dirty laundry into his closet and threw on a hoodie. He picked up all of his history work and shoved it into his bag, forgetting he would have to open it all back up not long later.

It didn't do much to make his room more presentable but there wasn't much George could do.

When George ran out of his room he saw his cat sitting on his bed but didn't bother taking her out. He almost slipped running down the stairs. 

"He's been waiting a while," his mom told him when he passed the kitchen.
"I know. I got caught up in other work, sorry."

He opened the door and Dream looked up from his phone. "Damn, took you long enough."

"Sorry.. I uh was doing something."

Dream came in and then lead himself to George's room. George quickly followed behind, slipping on a step because of his socks and heard Dream hold in his laugh at the stumble.

George sat on the floor again, knowing Dream would claim the bed. "Okay, I'm working on part two. Can you finish your part that your started last time?"

"I guess," Dream dryly replied. 

He opened his backpack and remembered everything he stuffed into it when it all came flooding out. Crumpled papers and old notes fell onto the floor as George dug through the mess for what he needed.

Dream let out a small chuckle at George's struggles to fit it all back in.

George worked and then after a few minutes put in one earbud to listen to some music.

Out of the corner of his eye he could see Dream glancing over at the cat which sat next to him. George guessed that Dream wasn't aware he was watching because he sneakily moved his hand to pet the cat.

His cat gladly accepted the pets and purred.

Even his cat was on Dream's good side.

Dream glanced over and saw George watching and then pulled his hand away, embarrassed.
"It's fine. She isn't mean," George said, letting Dream know he can pet her.

He caught a small smile flash on Dream's face as he went back to petting the cat.

George wasn't used to seeing this softer side of Dream. It was almost nice, or like a relief.

*+*+*+

After about an hour of working Dream looked like he was about to fall asleep. He leaned onto one of his hands with his phone in the other, texting someone. "Can I have some water or something?" he asked george.

"Yeah, one second." George didn't bother asking if he wanted ice or not. If there was one thing that Dream didn't deserve, it was at least ice.

George stood up, stretching and then proceeded to the kitchen. His mom was scrolling through her phone at the kitchen table with one of her videos playing at full volume.

He grabbed a glass from the cabinet and started filling it up from the refrigerator door. 
His mom looked up, "Is this a new friend or were the partners chosen for you?"

"They were chosen, sadly," George replied.
"Is something wrong?"

George carried the glass of water in the direction of his room. "No, I think i'm just tired from waking up so early."

He went back into the room to see Dream on the phone. "...okay you can come whenever." He hung up and put his phone next to the cat to take the glass that George was handing him. 

"I finished that part," Dream told George.

"Okay. I'm pretty much done with this one too."

Dream took a sip and then continued, "I'm getting picked up soon." George nodded and sat back down, pulling out his phone to pause the song playing in his ear.

"Do you wanna work at your house next time..?"

Dream lightly shook his head, "Uh, i'm not sure if my parents would want people coming over. I think here is better."

"Oh okay, that's alright," George assured. Dream had a slight attitude change today- a slightly better one, but George couldn't put a finger on what changed.

Only a few moments later is when Dream finished his water and then looked out the window to see a car full of people pulling up. "That's my ride."

"Okay see ya'," George said, closing his laptop. "Don't forget your charger."

Dream stopped mid step and turned. He grabbed his charger and then continued out the door.

His cat stood up and raised its behind, stretching out and then hopped down to leave the room as well.

A/N: okay okay i know that this was very uneventful but i need some filler chapters to connect certain things. i wrote this one in health class :]

OH MY GOD I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING. I WAS JUST SCREEN SHARING MY TECHNOLOGY CLASSWORK AND I SCREENSHARED THIS STORY AND PANICKED AND COULDNT GET RID OF IT OH MY GOD I'M SO EMBARRASSED.

(Words: 856)