twenty-two

Ahh uh TW// Implied abuse

*+*+*+

"Hello George," Mrs.William greeted.

"Hi Mrs. Williams!" George said, walking into her classroom for lunch again.

"How is the whole situation with Clay going? Did anything change?"

George sat down, thinking about how he should answer this. "Well, I'd say we are friends now because I ended up forgiving him and Sapnap."

The teacher looked somewhat happy for George. "That's good to hear! What made you decide?"

"I'm not sure. I think it's just easier to forgive them than to live the rest of highschool avoiding them."

The teacher shrugged. "That's a good point. What about the whole situation with what you admitted to him? If you don't mind sharing of course."

"Uhm, I don't think that's gonna get anywhere right now. I'm just glad to be friends with him and i'm not in the mood to risk anything yet," George said, looking down at his paper.

"Well, just give it time. I'm sure a solid answer as to what you should do will come your way any day now." She picked up a pile of graded papers. "You did great on the assessment last week too! I loved the little doodles you left in the corner."

"Haha thanks. I studied even more than usual for that one."
"It payed off."

"I don't have any classes with Clay so I only know about him from other teachers, but I think his behavior has been getting better ever since 'Techno' was suspended."

"Yeah, he finally got out of all that for now. I think he really is a good person when there aren't other people holding him back," George said, smiling back at the night two days before.

"I think so too. Everyone has potential."

*+*+*+

The weird looks and laughing at George never really stopped. Techno was one of the only threatening people to George so it was easier to ignore with him gone. Minx ended up starting at a new school but nobody has heard about where Techno is right then.

The last thing they heard from Techno was a text to Dream's phone which said, "Get him for me" which was obviously supposed to be a threat for George.

Dream obviously ignored it because he wouldn't do something like that for Techno anymore. He liked George too much to hurt him like that again and potentially lose their friendship.

"Hey man, Dream's not at school today," Sapnap said when he got to the cafeteria.

"What? Why not?"

"Oh he texted me this morning, something about his dad being mad again. He said he would be back tomorrow though."

George's heart dropped.

His dad was so angry about something that Dream couldn't go to school?
What did he do that was that bad?

"Is he okay" George asked, slightly worried. Dream never mentioned much about his dad, or parents at all.

"I think so. I'm probably gonna check up on him after school though. His dad can be crazy sometimes."

George wasn't aware, but Sapnap was. Sapnap knew how terrible Dream's father was to Dream and how badly he was treated at home. It was only one other time where Dream had to stay home from it being so bad and it didn't end well.

"Can I come?"
"Uh, I don't know if you should but I can't stop you," Sapnap said.

*+*+*+

George hopped into the passenger's seat of Sapnap's car and put on his seatbelt. He decided to come along for the fun of it.

"Does he know we are coming?"

"Yeah, I just texted him. He will probably come out to the car and leave because his dad is napping." Sapnap buckled up and then started driving slightly over the speed limit.

"Is it dangerous for him to stay home?"

"Yeah. I don't know if you've heard much about his dad but he is not a good person to be around when he's angry."

George nodded, growing nervous.

When they pulled into Dream's driveway the house seemed quiet. Sapnap pulled out his phone to let Dream know they arrived.

Only a few seconds later Dream slowly opened and closed the door, trying not to make noise, and sneak-ran out to the car.

He hopped into the backseat and put down a small bag next to him.

"Thanks for picking me up," he said to Sapnap.

Sapnap nodded and turned to look at him. "You alright?"

"I think so. He's gonna need a while to calm down," Dream said, referring to his dad.

George looked over to Dream. He looked stressed and bruises dotted his cheekbone and forearms. It was odd seeing him like this. So defeated.

Dream half-smiled when he saw George, "Hey, how was school?"

"Uh good? What happened to you?"

Dream sighed, "Uhm, my dad happened. He was mad at me for forgetting to grab some food from the store. No big deal."

Sapnap jumped in. "Um, yes big deal. We can't let him keep doing this to you."

"I'll survive. I just need to leave the house for a while. Where are we heading?"

"I'm not sure. We can't go to my house because my mom has her friends over for tonight."

Sapnap pulled out of the driveway before waiting any longer. They didn't want to be seen leaving.

"Okay can we just sit in a parking lot for a while? I'm a little tired," Dream said, picking his phone out of his bag.

*+*+*+

A/N: hi so the next chapter will be a continuation of this one. i am taking a couple hour break and then will write the next chapter for it to hopefully be posted sometime tonight!

shameless self promo: if anyone is interested, my tiktok is @l3gg0myeggo (same as wattpad username) and i have a little quiz in my bio just for fun hehe

in the meantime, drink some water and have a snack if you want :) you deserve nutrition!!!

i just had this here for 30 mins thinking it was posted and i come back to see why nobody saw it and it want even posted omfg

(Words: 936)