thirty-two

I KNOW YALL ARENT GONNA SHUT UP ABOUT KARL IM SORRY /lh

*+*+*+

George and Dream slid into the red booth of the restaurant, Sapnap doing the same across from them with Ellie.

They all decided to go get dinner together just for fun one night after school, and Sapnap even offered to pay.

George nor Dream had been to this restaurant before, but Sapnap said it was popular and had good food.

They looked over the menus, George deciding on going for the safe option of chicken tenders and fries, while Dream wanted a cheeseburger.

The waiter took all of their orders and hurried off to deliver them to the kitchen.

The place was filled with families and kids trying to run around, and couples enjoying meals together.

Ellie seemed very nice, and they were glad to see Sapnap found someone to hang out with other than them. It wasn't that they hated it or anything, but now they get more time alone together.

She cracked some jokes, and could carry a conversation the best out of the four of them.

Dream managed to snake his hand down to the seat to hold George's, interlocking their fingers in secret. It was almost fun to keep secrets like this.

Soon enough, their food came over and they all chowed down, enjoying each bite. The food was definitely just as good as Sapnap described it, even though George just got the safe option.

Dream snapped his head around to the sound of a girl laughing across the restaurant. The both knew exactly who's laugh it was.

The dark haired girl, Minx, came walking over in an overly happy manner. "Oh, funny see you guys here!" She said sarcastically.

Nobody said anything until Sapnap jumped in, "Not now Minx. Leave us alone."

She snickered, slightly leaning on the table. "Hey George, cute date you got there. Where'd you get him?"

Dream rolled his eyes and didn't reply, hoping she would give up and find someone else to bother. Surprise: she didn't.

"Don't act like I don't see your hands down there. It's not a pretty view to see two men holding hands in public," she said with a mock sad face.

Ellie was clearly very confused, and didn't know much about Minx nor the drama that surrounded all of them.

"Oh my god, fuck off," Sapnap retorted.

Minx pretended to look offended, "Oh, big strong man to the rescue?" and then she wandered off laughing.

Ellie looked around and nobody said anything yet. "What was that about?"

"Oh, she just doesn't like us very much," Dream briefly explained. "Stuff went down."

She nodded with wide eyes and went back to eating.

Sapnap still seemed to be stuck thinking about what Minx said. "You guys are holding hands?"

George looked over to Dream who slightly shrugged before answering. "Yeah, I guess so," then they lifted their hands to reveal they were, indeed, holding hands.

"Ohh, okay. I see what's going on," Sapnap said smiling.

Poor Ellie, again, was clueless, but nonetheless happy for them.

George picked at his food, still uneasy about Minx spotting them. "I'm not that hungry."

"At least take the food to go so that you can eat it later," Dream suggested.

He nodded, pushing the plate to the center of the table.

*+*+*+

Dream was in a good mood and didn't want to waste it so he picked up George to drive them to the field.

The field felt very significant to them. So much happened in that field that led to what they are today.

They've fought in the field, cried in the field, taken care of each other in the field, and even kissed in the field. All of their firsts were in that field.

The field was known between them as 'their field'.

He pulled a big blanket out of his backseat and hopped out of the truck, finding a good spot to lay it down. George happily followed.

Dream laid down on the blanket, looking up at the stars which freckled the night sky. He didn't know much about stars or constellations, but was still able to point out the big and little dipper.

George also laid down, resting his head on Dream's chest to look up at what Dream pointed to.

Cool air brushed against any exposed skin, causing them to want to be even closer. Crickets could be heard from coming inside the tall grass of the field ahead.

"Dream, what are we?" George asked, almost whispering in an effort not to break the calm atmosphere.

"We can be whatever you want," he answered. Dream ran his fingers through George's hair and then continued playing with it.

"Hm, boyfriends?"
"I like the sound of that," Dream disclosed.

The corners of George's mouth turned upwards and his face brightened, even in the dark.

He brought his arms up to hug Dream's waist, obviously sending butterfly's through both of them.

George could look up, seeing Dream's eyes wandering around the sky, but couldn't make out his features in the dark.

Dream sighed with content and continued evaluating the stars. George spaced out, thinking about how lucky he is to have this version of Dream.

*+*+*+

A/N: okay sorta lied this one isn't much longer oops

the first chapter of my new story called "coffee breath" is posted! gonna finish up this and then move to that!
check it out for more dnf :) other ships including skephalo and karlnap might appear too hehe

take care of yourselves! you deserve it!
(Words: 904)