twenty-four

George shivered at the knowledge that Dream was back trapped in that house with his dad. He felt horrible for what Dream was going through.

His sheets were thankfully cool, keeping him at a comfortable temperature as he laid awake in the middle on the night.

He was wide awake thinking about school, and Dream.
He longed to be able to be with Dream more often, even just as friends. The time spent with Dream was the time George was most at ease and content.

Maybe one day he could have that. Maybe one day he could be the one that Dream cares about as much as George cares for him.

Sometimes his own thoughts surprised him. He never would've expected to be crushing on someone who bullied him only a month or two back.

He never expected to picture that old bully in his head and realize I want to be with him. Nobody else. Just him.

George had been laying in bed for almost three hours but his mind was wide awake. Dream kept him awake.

This realization almost hit him like a train. This old feeling of lust for Dream suddenly came back, but even stronger.

He wanted to trace around every inch of his body. His cheekbones, his perfect hands, heck, even the abs which he discovered that day.

It was disappointing that George had no other close friends to gush about this person he cared so dearly for.
It was disappointing that Dream was his only friend and that Dream was only his friend.

George always tried to outrun these thoughts but they eventually would catch right back up to him like a smack in the face.

Similar dreams to the one he first had a while back would haunt him in his sleep. They are inescapable.

Not even his own eyes could tire once Dream came to mind. Dream was exhausting.

Yeah, Dream admitted he felt the same but sadly feelings can quickly change. Maybe he only said that because he felt bad.
Or maybe he really meant it?
No.

George never noticed any signs of interest coming from Dream ever since the wink. He still remembered that wink, even if it meant nothing or even if it was accidental.
People wink all the time by accident.

His mind replayed every second he had ever spent with Dream, searching for something, anything, that could signify his feelings were still there.

George could take the risk and just ask or talk to him about it again.
But that could also mean there is a chance of awkwardness growing in their friendship if George read signals wrong or if it was all more lies.

*+*+*+

George decided to spend the next school day observing. He noted anything Dream did, and read his body language best he could.

Dream was still very sore from the day before and he got lots of sympathetic looks throughout the day from Sapnap and George.

The soreness just made George even more unsure whenever he tried to read Dream.
Oh he turned towards you? He was probably just adjusting his position for his back.

Not much was found and ultimately, George gave up. Mrs. Williams was probably right that time would tell.

Time really needs to hurry up.

*+*+*+

A/N: hi it's 3 am and i was feeling spicy with insomnia so i wanted to do a little dramatic chapter of what george was thinking.

i like short chapters of this stuff and needed a break from dialogue because i didn't like last chapter

i'm gonna get some sleep i think so you should too! goodnight <3

(Words: 605)