twenty-one

Hihi sorry but tiny TW// discussion of abuse (i felt like adding some angst sorry)

two chapters in one day holy cow

*+*+*+

Dream woke up and was greeted with darkness. He looked down to see the faint outline of George who was fast asleep. Their arms were tangled around each other.

He didn't want to move, nor did he have the energy to. That last thing he felt like he could take right now was going home to his angry dad who would just make him miserable.

His heart raced at the thought of going home.

Him and his dad never got along with each other. Throughout his entire childhood he would be ridiculed and pushed to the side along with his mother. Not long after his fourth birthday was when his mom finally left him and his father behind.

He was never mad at his mother for this decision because he completely understood why she left.

The problem was that after she left, his dad got even worse and Clay was the last person there for him to take his anger out on.

His dad got violent and would cover it up with the sports Clay played like soccer or baseball.

The only person there for him throughout his entire childhood was Sapnap who he did everything with. Once Sapnap was pulled into Techno's group, Dream followed.

Sapnap was like the glue between Dream and life most days.

He looked over to a clock which hung on the wall and read that it was 11:30 at night.

He wanted to savor the moments he had in George's house. It felt safe.

Dream grabbed his phone from the couch cushion next to them and checked it to see Sapnap sending him random texts about the food he was eating.

He went to reply when George started shifting in his position. He tried to stay as still as possible to keep George asleep but in the end failed.

George picked up his head only to a hover to see Dream's phone lighting up. "What time is it?"

"Almost midnight," Dream whispered.

George was about to sit up but Dream kept him folded up in his arms.
"Don't you need to get home? What if your parents are worried?"

"No, I don't think my dad will care very much. Can I just stay here for tonight?"

"Yeah, that's fine," George said before falling back asleep. he didn't seem to care very much about the way was sleeping on top of his friend.

*+*+*+

"Morning boys!" George's mom said as she walked into the living room the next morning.

George jolted awake, not expecting to be woken up like this.

Dream on the other hand woke up much more peacefully and stretched his arms up.

"I made some breakfast because you two didn't eat dinner last night. It's crazy how long teens sleep these days," His mom said, giggling.

George led Dream into the kitchen and they both saw some pancakes sitting on the counter on two plates.

"Thank you," Dream said to her. He never got to experience waking up to breakfast like this.

"Oh, Dream, I washed your clothes yesterday and they should be dry by now so you can wear the same clothes home," she said.

He nodded and took his pancakes to a table to eat with George while George's mom left for work.

Dream looked at his phone to see more texts from Sapnap.

Duuude where are you??
Wanna hang out today?
I just saw the funniest looking bird outside.

He giggled at the last text.

George glanced over while chewing his pancakes. "Who's that?"

"It's just Sapnap. Wanna hang out with him today? We can go get froyo or something," Dream suggested.

"Yeah, sounds good," George replied. "You don't want to go home first or anything?"

"No, my dad isn't home right now anyways."

George nodded and finished his food. "I'll go get your clothes and we can leave soon then."

He took Dream's clothes from the laundry room, dropped them into the kitchen for Dream and then went to his room to change.

George selected his everyday outfit which consisted of any random pair of sweatpants he found and a t-shirt and sneakers.

Sapnap already showed up at the front of the house, hyped up for the day.

Dream hopped into the front seat, leaving George the backseats and then Sapnap started driving through town.

Once they arrived Sapnap took the parking spot closest to the entrance and they grouped together to walk in.

The small froyo shop was filled with a large selection of flavors and toppings, making the place very colorful.

"Ooo the strawberry looks good," Sapnap said, pointing to the glass barrier which displayed all of the flavors.

"I think I'm gonna get the banana flavor," Dream said.

George looked at Dream, "What? Ewwww."

Sapnap joined in, "Yeah dude out of everything, you chose banana?"

"Hey, it's good," Dream argued. George and Sapnap exchanged grossed out glances and Dream added, "More for me then."

They ordered and Sapnap paid for all of them. George decided on plain chocolate with marshmallows on top.

They all sat at a small round table outside the shop and enjoyed their frozen yogurt without much more talk about Dream's odd choice in flavor.

Dream noticed how frequently George would look over at him but the moment Dream looked back over, George would look away.

Once all of their cups were empty, George said, "I still can't believe you're a banana person."

Dream put his hands up, "At least I don't choose the second most basic flavor on the planet."

Sapnap started laughing at their pointless quarreling. "Oh my god don't tell me you're gonna need couples therapy over a frozen yogurt flavor."

George and Dream both glanced over to each other one more time, laughing with Sapnap, before throwing out their trash.

*+*+*+

A/N: hihihi so it seems like most people want a longer story with a slow burn kinda vibe so i'm gonna stick with that for now. no promises tho bc i am very indecisive and my attention span can shatter at any moment in time.

also about how often i will upload: i am mentally ill if you couldn't already tell so it is basically unpredictable how i will feel most days. some days i write a bunch but others i don't write at all so i would appreciate it if people don't comment things trying to rush me bc it makes me stressed :)

new chapter tomorrow for sure!

have a good night <3

(Words: 1,019)