twenty-six

The final bell of the day rang, giving George, Dream and Sapnap permission to finally leave school.

George and Dream walked through the halls until they spotted Sapnap who had his last period on the opposite side of the school.

"Yoo ready to go?" Sapnap said when he reached the two. Dream agreed and then they made their way out into Sapnap's car.

The day before they decided they would go to the mall after school because Sapnap needed something to wear to one of his mom's dinner parties and refused to go alone.

It wasn't often that George ever really went to the mall because the only person who would ever take him is his mom. He considered this a good change to go with friends for once.

The mall was a short drive from the school and the drive was filled with music and very little chatter.

Sapnap pointed to the back end of the mall, "I need to go there," and then guided his friends through the stores and vendors.

"Wait I want a pretzel," George said, pulling out money and dragging Dream to the line.
"I'm gonna keep walking. You two can get your pretzels or whatever," Sapnap said.

"Hmm maybe i'll get one too. I haven't tried one from here before," Dream decided.
George pointed over to a menu on the wall and recommended the salted pretzel with cheese dip.

The smell of toasting pretzels wafted towards them as they finally ordered after Dream made up his mind.

The cashier seemed very kind and happy to serve him. "Okay! Is that all for you today?" she said looking towards Dream.

It was like George didn't exist to this girl.
"Yeah, thanks," Dream simply answered.

She smiled and turned to get their orders, which seemed like a failed attempt at flipping her hair.

The cashier handed them the pretzels but before they could walk away fast enough she asked, "Hey, could I get your number?"

It was obviously a question for Dream which George couldn't blame her for. Dream was practically the blueprint for the perfect boy.

It wasn't everyday that someone was into Dream but it definitely wasn't rare.

Dream let out a nervous laugh, "Sorry, uh i'm not interested."
The rejection felt like a sweet victory for George. Sweet, sweet victory.

Before further conversation could come, she nodded, "Oh, alright. Have a nice day then!" and they walked away with their pretzels.

The pretzels were mediocre but were all the better than something Dream would find to eat at home.

They sat at a small circle table conversing about anything but the interaction with the cashier.

"Okay we need to go find Sapnap," Dream said after finishing his food. George nodded and threw away their trash.

It wasn't difficult to find Sapnap because he was seen right outside of a store approaching a girl who looked to be their age.

George laughed as the girl talked to Sapnap, shaking her head, and then Sapnap retreating back into the store.

"The rejector and the rejected," George joked. Dream wheezed at a very clearly embarrassed Sapnap.

"Ugh shut up," Sapnap said. "I still haven't found anything so i'm moving onto the next store over there."

The group entered the new store together and Dream went around pointing out the ugliest prices possible to suggest to Sapnap.

"You guys are no help," Sapnap complained. He went around the racks to find another suit jacket while George stayed looking, but ultimately found nothing.

The store wasn't the most appealing, scented like a women's perfume for some odd reason. The employees were almost nowhere to be seen too.

Finally, Sapnap decided on a plain dark blue suit jacket because he couldn't find anything else that would enhance his appearance much more.
"I give up, I guess this is what i'll wear," he said.

Dream and George joined Sapnap as he paid at the cash register and then left the mall.
"Shotgun!" Dream yelled on the way to the car.

George rolled his eyes, going along with the rules of shotgun and giving Dream the front seat for the ride.

The conversation choice for this drive was decided by George who amusingly brought up the pretzel store cashier.
"He just rejected her like it was nothing! Imagine it being that easy," he complained to Sapnap.

"Well apparently it is pretty easy according to the girl who rejected ME today," Sapnap said laughing.

They all chuckled at Sapnap who shook his head smiling.

Dream tuned back in, "So what? I literally said i wasn't interested." He briefly looked over to George.

"I'm just saying, it was a good opportunity."
This was a lie. George's mind would've collapsed right then and there if Dream kept in contact with her.

He had to admit, she was very pretty and most likely had more a chance than he did with Dream, or so he thought.

"Hm, sounds like you really wanted me to get with her. We can go back if you want," Dream replied sarcastically.

"What? No. That's not at all what i'm saying!" George suddenly got overly defensive and it was detected through the whole car.

"Someone's getting jealous," Sapnap teased. George turned away, trying to hide his bashfulness at the comment.

Dream smirked, "He just wants me all to himself."

George blinked, pinching his eyebrows at Dream, "In your dreams." Sapnap clearly tried pulling himself out of the way of this discussion.

"Maybe," Dream simply answered.

*+*+*+

A/N: hey i'm back :) it was a rough past couple days and i just started school again after a week vacation so uploads might be kinda random :/

i think the next chapter will be a continuation of this one but i'm not sure yet! love you guys, stay hydrated !!

(Words: 960)