thirty-eight

The same woman who George saw almost everyday, and also told everything to, was standing tall and ready at the doorway. She smiled, very surprised at the familiar boys walking up the pathway.

"Mrs William?!" George said, almost more excited than Dream.

"George!" She said, putting her hands on her cheeks. "I had no idea that when I was called about Clay, they meant this Clay!"

Dream smiled, putting down his bag once he reached the door.
"Welcome," the kind woman warmly said to him.

Just as things couldn't get more surprising, Dream could see another woman walking up behind her, also very happy looking. "Is this the Clay i've been hearing about?" the other woman asked.

She was easily everything George ever expected. The new older woman had tanned skin and voluminous shorter brown hair. She looked just as nice as Mrs. William and was clearly her wife.

"Yeah," Dream said, putting his hand out to offer a handshake.

George's mom and Sapnap stood back, slightly confused why everyone was so surprised. "Wait.. you guys know each other?"

George looked over, "Yeah, that's one of my teachers." He also put a bag down next to them.

His mom nodded, glad they were familiar, and then they all proceeded inside the house for a small tour.

*+*+*+

Leaving Dream and leaving the house at the end of the day was extremely draining. The second he sat in the car to start driving home, George was met with an unexpected sadness.

He knew that Dream was in good hands with the kind couple, but there was obviously much more work to be done in order for Dream to recover after so many years with no help.

While Dream is getting settled in, there are less opportunities to see each other because there isn't really a need for Dream to stay at George's house anymore.

Obviously they would see each other at school, but the rest of the time was filled in with lots of facetime calls.

"Okay, love you. Have a good sleep!" George said, waiting for Dream to hang up first.

"Goodnight, see you tomorrow!" Dream replied. George was then left with the tone indicating an ended call and loneliness for the rest of the night.

Little did George know, nightmares met Dream each night, and the horrible memories his dad left behind surfaced.

Everything was taken care of, and Dream's father will be gone long enough, but that didn't discard the fact that his dad had done terrible things.

Dream would wake up panicking and shaking, seeing his father coming after him. No matter how many times he told himself it was all just his imagination, it still felt too real.

Some people suggested therapy and Dream would hopefully take their suggestion soon.

He was still learning how to cope with these flashbacks, but he hoped that soon he could live without his father haunting him.

*+*+*+

"I got your coffee!" Dream said, walking into school with Mrs. William and two drinks in hand.

George gladly took it. "Awe, thank you." He always walked Dream to class now before heading over to Mrs. William's room.

Walking through the halls, finally holding hands, got them some stares and lots of giggles or points, but not many people had the nerve to actually mess with Dream.

After all, he was still technically associated with Techno in other people's minds.

Mrs. William knew all about their relationship and was probably one of the most supportive people. George's mom also started talking to Mrs. William and her wife much more often, becoming good friends.

George was happy to see his mom making more friends because she never seemed to talk to many people, usually just some from work.

Ellie was finally informed about some of the things going on, and she always sympathized for Dream. He didn't like when people felt bad for him but Ellie surely wouldn't care.

"Dream, we are always here for you!" she would say.

He knew they would, hopefully at least George, but it always sounded like an exaggeration. What does forever even mean?

Forever like his father said how long Dream would be trapped with him? Forever like his mom would be gone? Forever like the never ending school year?

"Come on you guys," Sapnap joked, sitting down at the lunch table. "Calm down with the PDA."

George laughed shooting right back at him, "I could say the same for you and Ellie!" Dream has his arm around him, just like in the dream George had that one time.

*+*+*+

A/N: double upload :D
super sorry for taking so long to write these! finishing this story feels like an end to all of you amazing people :(

(Words: 788)