eighteen

George sat on his bed, thinking about whether to go with Dream and Sapnap tonight. It could be fun, or it could just be another miserable night of trying to keep himself together.

He looked over to his backpack which had the folded up paper in it and reached over for it. The scribbled numbers on it were boxy looking, very identifiable as Dream's handwriting. He took his phone out of his pocket and dialled the numbers into his messages app.

He opted out of making a contact for Dream yet but still sent a message saying, 'hey i'm up for the party'.

Almost immediately there was a little bubble indicating that Dream was typing back. A message quickly came through. 'okay see you at 9.'

So, it was confirmed George was going to a party with Dream and Sapnap. It probably wasn't the best group he could go with for his first highschool party.

A slight anxiety set in as he realized he had no experience in anything to do with parties and didn't have a very good set of social skills.

*+*+*+ 

The time quickly came around for him to get ready to leave and George decided on wearing a well-worn pair of jeans, a light gray t-shirt, and a black carhartt jacket on top. It was simple, yet not underdressed -not that he even knew how to dress for a party.

He never really cared much about how he looked considering people would dislike him either way. The only effort he ever put into his hair was ruffling it with his hands in the morning.

Another thing that worried him was the fact that he barely knows Sapnap. The only times he's ever seen Sapnap was when he walked over with Techno to mess with him. Yeah, Sapnap apologized, but that doesn't mean stuff didn't happen.

George jumped a bit when he heard a honk from outside his house. He looked out the window and made his way out after seeing it was Dream waiting in his truck.

"Hey," George greeted them.

Sapnap leaned in from the backseat, jokingly looking George up and down. "Lookin' good!"

Dream laughed and then motioned to the passenger's seat. "Okay get in."

"Why's Sapnap in the back?" George asked.

Sapnap crossed his arms and answered before Dream. "No idea. He said the front was reserved or whatever."

Dream threw a look to Sapnap. "What?"

The drive to the party consisted of random conversations and Sapnap and Dream arguing back and forth about who was better at different things.

Immediately when they pulled into the driveway to the party, music could be heard and people were seen standing around the doors and windows talking and dancing.

"Ready to go in?" Dream asked, stretching up from his seat. Sapnap was almost completely out his door already, waving everyone out of the truck.

George nodded and followed the two into a crowd of people who gathered by the door. Dream already started conversing with someone he knew and Sapnap went off to find something to drink.

George however, just stood there behind Dream, not sure what to do. He never understood the hype of parties. It was basically some of his least favorite things put into an event: loud music, lots of people, and way too many guys with overly big egos.

"...and this is George," Dream said, motioning towards George.
George turned to see he was being introduced to a few new people who seemed to be a little older than him.

"Oh, hi. Nice to meet you," George said. He couldn't come up with anything more interesting to say and left it at that.

*+*+*+

Sapnap suddenly ran into George, clearly intoxicated with alcohol. Sapnap could barely keep his balance and his speech was slightly slurred. "Oh my god dude. Y- you are not gonna believe who I just saw!"

Dream turned to hold Sapnap up by his shoulder. "Who?"

"Techno-he- he's literally following me right now. I think he saw us" 
"What? I think you're a little crazy-" Dream was cut off by the pink-haired boy walking into the room, scanning for Sapnap.

"There!" George said, backing away.

Techno spotted them and started stomping over, hands up and ready to grab them all.

"Oh shit-," Dream said while trying to drag Sapnap out of the room. "George hurry, go out to the truck."

He didn't have to be told twice to leave because he was already on his way outside. Dream and Sapnap followed behind him, breaking through groups of other people.

George made it to the truck first and pulled himself into the passenger's seat, frantically waiting for Dream to get in and start driving.

Techno came banging on the door right after Dream slammed it shut and Sapnap threw himself into the backseat.

Techno suddenly disappeared and then reappeared in Dream's rearview mirror. Sapnap yelled, pointing to Techno who was trying to climb into the bed of the truck. "DRIVE. DREAM DRIVE."

Dream started the truck and immediately pressed the gas down, backing out of the driveway and throwing Techno flying off the side of the truck. He rolled on the ground, trying to get up.

"Holy crap," Sapnap said, trying to balance himself up on his seat.

Once they made it a new street, Dream slowed down and put his seatbelt on. 

"Couldn't you two have fought him? Like its two versus one," George reasoned.

"Well, first of all, it's Techno, and second of all, Sapnap can barely keep himself upright."

George hummed in agreement.

Sapnap held up his fists, trying to weakly punch the air and barely had his eyes open, "Duuuuude, I could've fought three Technos off no problem."

Dream and George chuckled.

Once they arrived back at George's house Sapnap was passed out laying on the seats. Dream turned to George before he got out, "Look, I know you are still probably mad at me, but at least you got some of that high school experience tonight, right?"

George looked back over, "Yeah, it was kinda cool seeing what it's all about."

When George was closing the truck door Dream added, "See you at school!"

George waved and then proceeded into his house, falling onto his bed.

*+*+*+

A/N: It's unbelievable that this story is almost at 9K reads!! ily guys.

Anyways, happy valentines day :) since most of us watch dream and play minecraft, i'm guessing we are all lonely and sad so now all of us are valentines. no take backs. 

on a more important note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATCHES (and quackity lmfao)

next chapter soon!

(Words: 1,049)