thirty

George woke up to the same comforting smell of fresh linen he recognized. It was quiet other than some birds chirping outside.

He looked over to the clock but was held down by something. Very carefully, he turned to see it was Dream wrapped around him from the night before.

So it really did happen. It wasn't a dream.

George didn't want to disturb Dream. He looked very peaceful while sleeping.

He liked watching each rise and fall of Dream's chest, and admiring the messiness of his hair from drying while asleep.

He didn't want to move and leave the warmth of Dream and the blankets. Light footsteps could be heard downstairs.
Crap. George's mom is home.

Dream shifted in his sleep, starting to wake up. He stretched up his arms and looked around, eventually looking back at George.

"Good morning," Dream said with a smile creeping onto his face. His voice was slightly strained and tired.

George smiled back, finally content with being around Dream.
"My mom doesn't know you stayed over," George commented.

Dream just nodded, not fully awake yet. He didn't move away from George yet, thankfully. It was only around 9:30 AM which was early for Dream on a weekend.

George looked over to a buzzing phone on his nightstand and 'Sapnap' blinked on the screen. He passed it to Dream who quickly answered, chuckling when Sapnap started talking through the call.

"Oh, sorry. I was up late yesterday," Dream said. "Uh, yeah... we just woke up."

A few more words were exchanged before Dream hung up and put his phone back down. "I forgot I was supposed to meet Sapnap this morning."

"Shouldn't you get going then?" George questioned, somewhat disappointed.

Dream grinned, pulling George even closer, which he didn't even know was possible. "Yeah, Sapnap can wait though. I'm comfy."

Knowing he finally had Dream, he didn't have many more worries at the moment. Only little things like how he would convince his mom they were still just friends.

She was for sure catching on, but at least she wasn't angry.

*+*+*+

George's mom was heard rummaging through the pots and pans looking for something to cook her breakfast on, when George decided he had to get up.

He swung the blanket off of himself and had to pry Dream's arms off of him in order to sit up. Dream groaned at the loss.

The air nipped at George's skin as he stood up and shivered at the bitter air.
His hair stood up in many directions, similar to Dream's but not quite as attractive on himself.

The night before, they changed into pajama pants and hoodies to get out of their soaked clothing.

It was soon realized that it was inevitable to avoid his mom when Dream soon had to leave. He figured he could use the fact that it was raining and Dream's home situation as excuses.

Sapnap texted Dream's phone, letting him know that he was waiting in the street for him to leave.
"Need anything to eat before you go?" George asked.

"No, don't worry about it. I'll probably pick something up at a drive through."

"Okay. See you at school?"
"Yeah," Dream said. He stood up, stretching, and picked up his phone and other clothes which never completely dried.

Before walking out of George's room he made sure to turn back and place a tender kiss on George's cheek, turning the boy a rosy red shade.

A few minutes later George went downstairs to see his mom, who was now back on her phone while eating breakfast.

She looked up, "Hey sweetie! Dream stayed over again?"
He shifted from foot to foot. "Uh, yeah. Fell asleep again."

"Hm, in your bed?"

George laughed, rubbing the back of his neck, "Yeah."

She nodded, looking back down at her phone.

*+*+*+

A/N: sorry for the shorter chapter! gonna start up my next story soon as well for when this one is over.

i've gotten comments about smut (i don't mind them dw) and i think this one is just gonna be fluff! don't bash people for wanting it or not wanting it!

luv u all!
(Words: 695)