fourteen

George told his mom he was sick but it wasn't even a complete lie. He did feel sick.

He couldn't bear to face anyone at school. The only people he ever talks to either try to ruin his life or straight up lie to him because they think it's funny.

The story probably spread around the school. He would be a laughing stock if he went back.

Thankfully, now it was a saturday night and he had two extra days to reset.

He sat up from bed, deciding he should check to see how much work he missed. He noted what he had to do in his head.
Finish english essay, read chapters six and seven in the textbook, and ...practice for his biology presentation.

He still had to present with Dream but that was the least of his worries at the moment. At least nothing could happen in front of the class with a bunch of people watching.

George clicked over to his emails and saw he had four new ones. Two of them were from Mrs. William and his algebra teacher. The other two were from Dream.

The first email was sent the night after what went down at school and then the other one was sent this morning.

He debated whether or not to even look at them.

Hesitating for only a minute and taking a deep breathe, he clicked on the first email which was titled 'Please Read'.

His eyes skimmed over the screen, trying to carefully process all of the words.

It said things like 'This isn't what I wanted to happen... I don't have any other way to contact you (kinda weird that we never exchanged numbers)... I want to explain...'

How could this be a misunderstanding? It was plain and simple. He agreed to lie and trick George. 

He closed his laptop instead of reading the second one.

*+*+*+

"George!" His mom called from the bottom of the stairs, "Someone is here to see you."

He felt his heart stop. Dream?

"Uhm, one second!" He called back. He slowly stood up from his bed and made his way out of his room as slowly as possible.

He wished he could just leave whoever it was at the door. He technically could, but his mom would get angry with him if he didn't go downstairs eventually.

George opened the door only a crack at first and peeked out. It was of course, the one and only Dream.

As George opened the door more and more it revealed a clearly distressed, unusual version of Dream. He has never seen this side of Dream until now.

He was wearing his green hoodie and everyday outfit but he had reddened eyes and tense shoulders. Not at all the relaxed, carefree version of Dream he used to talk to.

George was bitter, "What do you want?"

Dream shifted between his feet. "Please, can we talk?"

"Everything has already been said Dream. I don't need to hear it again." And with that, George started closing the door.

Dream quickly waved his hands, trying to get George to stop closing it. "Wait! I promise that I have a different side to the story. A better one."

He opened the door again, "Ugh, fine. Well I can't talk here. My mom is home."

"I can drive us to the field or something. You don't have to stay long." His eyes looked desperate.

George thought for a second and then agreed. "Okay. This better not be a waste of time."

Dream's face lifted for a split second before he turned to go wait in the truck. George grabbed his phone and followed.

The drive was slightly awkward but that feeling was overshadowed by George's frustration. It was starting to get darker but the sky still provided enough light for things to be seen.

Dream sighed after pulling into his parking spot. "Please, just listen."

George didn't respond and just looked ahead of them. He waited for Dream to start talking.

"Before you get more mad at me, I know i'm a complete dick. You can, but there is no need to tell me again," Dream said, hoping George would hear him out. "I'm gonna start from the very beginning of school okay?"

+*+*+

A/N: I'm splitting this into two chapters bc it would get kinda long so cya very soon :)

i wrote this one while i was supposed to be exercising in gym? the teacher is creepy anyways

(Words: 735)