seventeen

The next day at lunch George spotted Dream and Sapnap sitting by themselves, which was unusual but George was glad that Techno wasn't anywhere to be seen. The problem was that they were sitting at George's table.

He grabbed his lunch tray and chose to have the cold mozzarella sticks and apple sauce. He hated the school lunches most of the time.

There wasn't any other empty table for his to substitute his normal table with so he made his way over to Dream and Sapnap.

"Uh, hi," he said, setting his tray down.

Sapnap and Dream looked up. "Oh hey! Uh, you don't mind if we sit here right?"

George pulled out a chair to sit in, "It doesn't seem like I have a choice."

The air was thick with an awkward feeling and Sapnap decided to try and clear some of it. "Hey, George, i'm really sorry for everything i've said or agreed with that hurt you. I feel really bad because I didn't realize that last thing would end like that."

"It's fine I guess," George said, not looking up at him.

"We have the presentation today. I think I got everything down," Dream said. He glanced over at George but quickly moved his focus back to eating.

"Oh okay, I forgot about that. Did the teacher say anything about me being absent?"

"No not really. He just delayed presentations, luckily." Dream turned to George again, "Techno and Minx aren't gonna be at school for a while."

George stopped mid-chew. "Wait what?"

"Yeah, me and Sapnap talked about it and decided to rat them out for beating you up. We didn't give them your name tho and he admitted to it anyways."

Sapnap nodded and suddenly looked excited, "Yup! We got to make a whole report and everything for the office and they got suspended until further notice!"

"Oh, that's good I guess. But weren't you guys involved with all that too? They didn't drag you into it?" The knot in George's stomach faded knowing that he wouldn't be seeing Techno or Minx at least.

"They tried to but it was kinda two versus one because Minx already left when Techno brought it up. I mean, me nor Sapnap have laid a finger on you so I assumed it would be fine."

He didn't fully trust Sapnap yet. Sapnap didn't have any excuses as to why he would join Techno in the first place but George wanted to believe people change for the good once they realize what they did.

*+*+*+

Biology started with Wilbur approaching George. "Hey man, I heard what happened. I just wanted to say that I've spoken to Dream and he seems like he genuinely feels bad for what he did. I know that you don't have to forgive him, but he doesn't want to lose what you guys had."

"Okay thanks. I'll keep that in mind."

So, everyone heard about it then. Even Wilbur, who doesn't speak to anyone other than randos in his classes.

The teacher announced it was time to present and called up Niki and Jack to go first. Their project was well put together and was definitely more pleasing to look at than anyone else's. They seemed to have a whole script planned. 

As his turn neared, he grew more nervous. He was nervous for people's reactions to him and Dream standing up there, and he didn't even get to go over the slides to check for mistakes.

"Okay, up next we have Clay and George. Please come up here and open up the presentation from my emails."

George stood in the front of the room as Dream struggled to open up the file. He finally got it to project onto the board and started the introduction, standing next George. 

He could hear the whispers spreading through the class as people told each other what had happened. Thankfully, the teacher wasn't paying attention to the whispers.

Wilbur seemed to be the only one actually paying attention, which he really didn't need to do because their project was one of the most unappealing.

Finally, the teacher said something, "What is with all of the whispering? Quiet down everyone."

George's face turned red in embarrassment. Giggles erupted from sections of the room.

Once they finally finished the presentation, Dream sat back down before whispering over to George, "Hey do you want to go to a party with me and Sapnap tonight? I understand if it's not your thing."

"Uh, what time? I'll have to think about it."

"Probably around nine tonight." Dream scribbled out some numbers onto paper and handed it to George. "You can just shoot me a text if you decide you wanna go."

George nodded and turned back to put the paper in his bag.

*+*+*+

A/N: um number 2 on dreamnotfound??? it's been literally like an hour since i last updated and i already reached 3.3K reads?? i'm glad people are enjoying!! again, i'm open to ideas if there is anything you might want to see before the story ends :)

luv u

(Words: 815)