XXIII

With BTS' packed schedule, Hana had been seeing less and less of Jungkook

With BTS' packed schedule, Hana had been seeing less and less of Jungkook. Not that she was complaining; the multiple shoots for Festa and concert for Muster were coming in full force and they still weren't over. The exhaustion creeping over Jungkook was evident when he had decided to come over at Hana's and had instantly collapsed on her bed ten minutes into him being there.

Hana had peacefully covered his body with her sheet, tucking him in and placing a pillow underneath his head comfortably before she switched off the lights and left the room.

A total of three hours had passed. Hana had gotten some work done until she heard some quiet shuffling in her room. A minute later, the door opens and out stumbles Jungkook with messy hair and a wrinkled t-shirt. His eyes squint to adjust to the light and his puffy face is a testament to his nap.

"How long was I out?"

"Three hours," Hana chuckles.

She felt like she was walking on eggshells around him. After their kiss, she wasn't sure if the dynamic between the two had even shifted. Or if she should react to the shift. It was weird to see someone you already loved so much with a new type of feeling. As if everything you knew about them still existed, you still loved them for it but now you looked at all of those tiny and big things with a newfound, unfamiliar feeling. Before, being with Jungkook was like lying on a quiet beach after a long day, now looking at him sent a fluttering, tingling spark through her.

"Wow. I did not mean to nap for so long," Jungkook yawns, padding his way to the kitchen. He comfortably takes out some milk and the cereal jar. She vaguely remembered the time her and Jungkook would be too short to reach the cabinet where her mom kept the chocolate cereal, so they would have to plot an elaborate plan to take it out before she would notice. Now she watches how he easily opens the cabinet, plucks out the box while humming a relaxed tune and makes himself comfortable on the small island table where Hana was already sitting with her laptop open.

"What are you working on?" Jungkook asks through a mouthful.

"Just some boring report," she replies casually, trying not to seem like every small thing that Jungkook does sets her mind in a frenzy. She wanted to so badly talk about what happened last time, but the apprehension gnawing inside of her was enough to keep her mouth shut. What if he regretted it? Or he had gone home, thought about the kiss and decided it wasn't worth ruining their friendship over?

"So I was thinking," he pushes his now finished bowl away. "Let's go out tonight."

Hana's eyes widen. "It's a Saturday. You want to go out on a Saturday night?"

He shrugs. "I mean, we'll be fully disguised. Can't be too hard, I've done it before."

Soyoung's words and Yeri's face flashes across her eyes. "It's going to be really risky."

"It's 10 pm right now. I'm sure everyone will be way too busy in their own lives to notice us two."

"Jungkook, I—"