XI

In order to cope with the excessive butterflies in her stomach, Hana decided to cook dinner in order to make herself distracted

In order to cope with the excessive butterflies in her stomach, Hana decided to cook dinner in order to make herself distracted. She doesn't have anything else to do and she knows she sure as hell can't sit idle and let her brain overthink until she wants to punch something.

So Hana cooks. She's pretty good at cooking, especially when it comes to making the dishes that she's been making since forever. It's not a coincidence that those exact dishes are some of Jungkook's favourite items too. When she would cook, it would always be something both her and Jungkook could eat happily. So eventually the noodles she loved to eat were the ones he would love too.

Of course, it was possible that his taste had completely changed now and he wouldn't even remember or like her cooking as much as he used to.

The next hours she kills; cleaning the house, taking a shower, setting up the table. Until it's 7:02 pm and she's sitting ready in a pair of denim jeans and a fitted white shirt that shows a strip of her stomach and covers her arms to the wrist.

She's anxious, standing in the kitchen stirring the already cooked noodles. Her foot taps incessantly against the floor and she calms down the uneasy feeling in her stomach for the millionth time.

When the doorbell rings, her shoulders jumps. She turns off the stove and rushes across the apartment to open the door. She stands in front of it for a moment, her fingers tingling because she knows once she lets him in, there's no going back. The part of her that's a coward makes her want to not open the door but she pushes against her, remembering Soyoung's words of encouragement before opening the wooden door.

Jungkook stands across from her, his fair face stark against his body decked head to toe in black. The mask he was wearing has been pulled down around his chin and his black hair are parted messily down the middle.

"Hi," he says with a smile.

Hana cringes internally at how awkward this is. "Hey, come in."

Jungkook cutely shuffles in, taking off his shoes and giving her space to close the door. "I— uh got these for you."

"I know you love flowers so..." He holds out a small but beautiful bouquet of red and white flowers. She hadn't noticed them in his hand before and her heart warms at the gesture. They're the perfect combination of colours and flowers, placed perfectly against each other. Not a single flower is wilted or old, all of them fresh and fragrant.

"Thank you," she smiles at him genuinely, warmly, at the fact that he remembered her favourite flowers and at the gesture. "They're beautiful."

Jungkook's shoulders relax instantly. He grins at her as she moves past him to lead them in the kitchen where he follows. He takes a seat on the bar stool and Hana fills up water for the flowers.