XVI

Hana has lost count of the times she's groaned out in irritation today

Hana has lost count of the times she's groaned out in irritation today. As she walks down the street, she can't seem to find her ringing phone in her bag. She knows for a fact that she put it there but now it's decided to stay hidden in the non-existent depths of her tiny bag.

At least she's happy with her clothing. It was going to be a sunny day and thankfully she had decided to wear a white summer dress that reached mid thigh. It flowed gently with the light breeze making one thing about this day less annoying.

Finally fishing out her phone, she swipes at the screen after rolling her eyes at the called ID.

"Hi Yeri."

"Hey!" Her voice comes loudly from the other side. "When are you reaching?"

"Five minutes, I'm almost there," she starts walking even slower, trying to prolong the journey.

"Okay great see you!"

Hana doesn't say anything. Only mimicking her voice comically once the call has ended. Her fingers tap against the screen hurriedly in a quick text.

don't forget our usual protocol
3:06 pm

Soyoung🤡❤️
I should let u suffer through this one. u got yourself in this mess
3:07 pm

god no. I need it today more than ever. PLEASE save my ass from this lunch from hell

Soyoung🤡❤️
K. I'll call around 4

Hana sighs in relief as she enter the quaint restaurant. The blue and beige tones of the interior relax her slight and the chatter of the people serve as the perfect background noise. The tables are wooden and beige with blue details on the cushioning of the seats. Frames hang on the walls of abstract art pieces giving colour to the minimalistic colour palette of the place.

A raised hand catches her attention. Yeri's smiling face stands out annoyingly amongst the crowd and Hana gives mumbles a small prayer before making her way to the table.

* * *

"So," Yeri says like an excited person who is having trouble keeping their questions to themselves. "What have you been doing?"

Hana glances at the watch on her hand. 3:30.

"I head the content marketing team for Song Enterprises," Hana places a bite of the paste in her mouth.

"Fancy," Yeri replies impressed. "That's a big accomplishment, I'm surprised."

Hana shifts in her seat, her eyes inquisitive. "Why are you surprised?"