XXV

"That's all you did?" Yeri looks at Minhyuk with irritation. "You couldn't have sneaked into her phone? Or maybe diverted the conversation towards something of more value other than where she works? I already fucking know that."

"I'm not your little dog, Yeri." Minhyuk rolls his eyes, he hates talking to the woman sometimes. She's stubborn, opinionated and vicious. He's not used to being bossed around, especially by a woman. "Neither do I want to move as fast as you. In case you haven't noticed, prying into other people's lives isn't what I do for a living."

Yeri snorts. "Yeah well, at least I'm quick."

Minhyuk shakes off the stinging feeling of anger in his body. "How's that boy? The one who was with Hana."

Yeri huffs out a breath. Her cheeks puffing out. "I've been texting him. He hasn't spoken about her to me after that one time. I try to bring it up but it doesn't really go in the direction I need for it to go. I'm supposed to meet him tomorrow."

Minhyuk is quiet in response, Yeri observes him with squinted eyes. "What?"

"Nothing," Minhyuk sighs. "All of this feels like a dead-end. Just because I spent a few hours with Hana doesn't mean she'll tell me these things—"

"You're right. She won't. Ever. You need to find these things out, dig them up."

"How?"

Yeri rolls her eyes, the plate of half-eaten food in front of her already cold. "Isn't your brother really good friends with her? And the girl who runs the coffee shop? He's your lead and he's sitting in your home. Just ask him."

Minhyuk chews on his nails. He wanted to help out, but it all seemed so evil to him.

"Do you not want to see Bangtan suffer? Or at least Jungkook? After everything you've been through?"

Minhyuk's eyes harden. He remembers his hours in the practice room, the countless nights he spent with Jungkook, dancing and singing to many routines, bandaging up sore feet and taking medicines to soothe his sore throat, only for him to stay behind while Jungkook moved ahead, miles ahead.

"I do."

"Then fucking get your shit together. We don't have time."

————————————————————————

When Minhyuk comes home that day, he paces around in the kitten trying to figure out how to talk to Wonho. He hated to admit it but his younger brother was much smarter than he gave him credit for.

Mustering up the courage, he heads up to Wonho's room, knocking on the door a few times and waiting for permission to come in.

Wonho opens then door himself; he stands with his headphones looped around his neck and an uninterested face. "Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing special, whats up?"

Minhyuk leans against the frame of his door, foot tapping quietly against the floor. "I have a question, about your friend we met that day."

Instantly Wonho's eyes narrow. This is what Minhyuk was afraid of, any suspicion could easily wreck his plan. He chuckles at his expression, trying to lighten the conversation. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm curious. What do you want to know about Hana?"

Minhyuk racks his brain, deciding to go with the easiest route possible. "I thought she was cute. Is she single?"

Wonho's face relaxes slightly but not entirely. He hesitates for a moment, his mind mulling over the answer as if it was something to be mulled over.