XXI

A/N: 7k words of only and only Hana and JK. heavily unedited but enjoy 😘

__________________________________

"You won't believe what I found."

Jungkook excitedly shuffles into Hana's apartment and quickly shuts the door behind him. She can't guess if his urgency is due to his excitement or whether he's trying to avoid being seen by anyone but it's surprising and distracting enough for Hana to widen her eyes momentarily and stumble lightly backwards to allow him to enter.

Not that anyone could recognise him. Jungkook was in his usual coverup; a mask and a black bucket hat that hid most of his face. The only reason she even recognised him was because she could now recognise even the slightest glimpse of his eyes in the shadow of the hat. Plus, she knew Jungkook and his voice of excitement well.

It takes him only a minute to take off his shoes and shrug off his jacket. He's wearing a white sweatshirt underneath and denim jeans. She opens her mouth to question — the pants or his excitement she's not sure — but shuts up when he pulls on her arm through the living room, round the corner and into her bedroom.

"I swear this better be as exciting as you're making it out to be," Hana mumbles despite the smile on her face. It's oddly refreshing to see Jungkook bursting with so much giddiness. She's always been used to him being subdued with his joy that she learned to read him from small signals and gestures not always easy to understand. For instance, when he felt vulnerable or anxious he fiddled with his fingers, the movement distracting and calming or when he was happy, the slight indent of a dimple around his eyes before he smiled; sort of like an eye smile even before his mouth had stretched into one.

He takes off his mask and bucket hat with his free hand, the other expertly hiding something behind his back. His dark hair fall gently around his forehead, shining despite the very average lighting of her room and she's surprised with the sudden urge she has to touch them.

She fists her hands close, he doesn't notice, too busy bouncing slightly on the balls of his feet. He grins at her, wide and infectious that it takes over his entire face making him seem younger and boyish. She grins back, unable to help herself and pokes the faint dimple on his cheek that accompanies his smile.

"Are you ready?"

Hana giggles even though she has no idea what he has behind his back. "Yes."

She hears the sound of a wrapper shuffling as Jungkook excitedly thrusts forward and holds up a clear packet of something. It takes her a moment to recognise what they are but when she does she lets out a squeal.

"Glow-in-the-dark stars!"

Jungkook grins so wide in return that his eyes disappear. "I got two packs, one for my room and one for your room."