XIX

Hana can't wait to get home

Hana can't wait to get home. It's been a long day, the longest she's had in a while. Her feet ache from the heels she wore throughout the day and her throat feels extra dry from the amount of presentations and meetings she had at work.

And even though she was busy during the whole day, she somehow found herself constantly checking her phone for a message from Jungkook. Regardless, she pushed everything aside, telling herself to not act like a girl obsessed with a new crush and punches in the code to her apartment. She's so excited to run a bath with the newest bath salt she got last week, her shoulders already aching for the warmth of the water, she enters her home, locking the door behind her, flings her heels off and — almost jumps in surprise.

Lucas sits on the sofa, his head propped up on his elbow that rests on the tufted sides of her soda. When he hears Hana, his sleepy eyes are wide awake. A lazy smile spreads over his face, not reaching his eyes.

"Hi baby," he walks to her, leaning down to place a sweet kiss on her lips that she's reciprocates despite the dulling excitement of her not being able to spend some time alone. She blames it on her inner introvert that's been desperate to claw out these past few days.

"Hi," she smiles tiredly. "I didn't know you were coming over."

"Thought I would surprise you," he says casually, taking her hand and pulling her into the kitchen where two plastic boxes are stacked. "Pasta, your favourite."

Hana's heart flutters lightly looking at his face, although when she touches his cheek, her heart doesn't thrum in her ears. "Thank you. I'm starving."

"Great, I'll set it up."

"But—" Hana lets her hand slip from his as he pulls away to go to the kitchen. "I have to shower first, I'm smelly."

"Oh," Lucas deflates minutely. "No worries, I can wait some more."

Hana can't help the sinking feeling of guilt in her stomach. She wishes she was better at this, at being more selfless or being as caring as Lucas was towards her. Guilt gnaws at her steadily, she stands idly in front of the kitchen.

"You can join me, we can take a nice bath," Hana suggests. They've done it before, it's not something new for her. She feels bad to make him wait some more when he had clearly been waiting for her to come home.

"You sure?"

"As long as you promise to give me a massage," she says teasingly. The knot in her stomach loosens when a familiar grin spreads over his face and follows her into the bathroom.

—————————————————————————

"Lucas!"

"What? What's the big deal?"

"You know how I feel about hickeys!"

Hana stands in front of her bathroom mirror. Lucas' grinning face behind her aggravates her even more as she touches the purplish-red love bite blooming towards the right side of her and winces. Not because it hurts but because she had a quick glance into the future of how much foundation and concealer she would be using to cover it up.