Migraines

Before my fellow migrainers read this chapter and laugh it off with a, "Natural remedy for migraines? Bahaha haha hahah, it's your funeral" I just want to say that none of these methods take my migraines away. However, they do make them shorter and a little less potent. Maybe it's my medication that suddenly decided to work. No idea, all I know is that I try anything and everything. 

I've written this book to help you guys find natural remedies for annoying issues that would usually cost you a lot of money. I haven't actually been trying to heal you, unless you count the lemon and honey tea for colds. I'm not a crazy hippie, I promise. No offence to hippies! 

I've been to countless doctors, a neurologist that specializes in migraines, and undergone physiotherapy. You name it, I've done it. Nothing actually completely gets rid of it. If you turned to this page expecting a miracle cure, I'm sorry to disappoint. Another thing I want to say is that I still take my very, very, very fair share of prescription medication along with these. 

You can try any of these: 

1. Place a cold cloth on the back of your neck, and dunk your feet in warm water. (For the actual headache. If you're still able to sit up straight by this point.) 

2. A very lovely lady told me about this one. As soon as you feel the migraine destroying your brain, drink a tablespoon of vinegar. She keeps a sachet of vinegar in her purse at all times, I've started doing this as well. 

3. This one I haven't tried yet, but I'm certainly going to. Already bought my Himalayan crystal salt! This suggestion was taken from an article written by  Saffarazzi, I'll link it below. Basically, you mix Himalayan crystal salt and lemon juice, and drink it. I'll test this one out and let you know if I felt a difference in my next brain demon attack (my migraines are pretty potent, auras and a lot of crying involved). Hopefully I won't be letting you know – ever (one can dream).

First Impression: So damn thirsty!! So I've experienced the 3rd tip first hand now, and I still can't really believe it. Not this kind of "Oh, it works so great, I can't believe it," but rather that it will take much more than one try to have me convinced. Basically what happened was, I went numb as I usually do when I get migraines, and that's it.

No bright light, no confusion, no pain etc. It took about 20 minutes for my hand and face to get back to normal. Now, as I've said above, I do take a lot of medication for my migraines, and it could have just worked this time or the migraine could have been very mild.

Know of any migraine cures? Comment below! 

https://www.sapromo.com/how-to-stop-a-migraine-with-salt/7020

@duh_Im_BATMAN suggested:

Tall glass of warm water, mix in tsp of rock salt or any sort of salt really, lemon juice, vinegar and a small amount of honey sweetened green tea.

Tastes foul but it works wonders for me.

@Beth_Andrews suggested: 

green tea with honey lemon and a pinch of salt, then lay down...or a tall glass of hot milk with honey

@Bradenisbae suggested: 

If you feel a migraine coming on mix a tablespoon of honey with a tablespoon of vinegar and a pinch of pink salt