Honey Shampoo - Hair

I'm finally getting some time to write again. Exams are over, and if everything goes well, I officially have a degree – yay! One of you, I can't for the life of me remember who, asked for a non-toxic shampoo to replace the nonorganic store bought stuff that's awful for your hair.

The gist of the information I've read suggests that before these natural shampoos work, your hair goes through something like a detox. It's accustomed to being chemically buffed and puffed and a switch to the natural stuff might leave you with an odd hair texture until you get used to the stuff.

Side note: There is a baking soda shampoo trend that's going around. I've read some comments about it, and it seems like it can seriously damage your hair – so beware.

Directions: You'll notice a lot of old favorites in the recipe!

1. Boil water – 3/4 cup.

2. Add one generous tablespoon of honey.

3. Mix until the honey has dissolved.

4. Add ¼ cup rosewater. (If you don't have rose water ignore this step and add one cup of water instead of 3/4 and add a few drops of lemon juice)

5. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to the mix.

6. Wait for the water to cool down, and apply like you would any other shampoo. (Message the scalp for a minute or two)

One of the earlier chapters explained rice water. This is also a good shampoo on its own. Again add your essential oils and wash. Fermented rice water is said to work best, but you can use it fresh as well.