Rose Water - Skin

• Dedicated to Larissa Goosen

I'm going to start us off with a bit of rose water. Ingredients; rose petals and water. They gasped in unison. "That's it?" they asked. "Yes," I answered in my best, raspy, sexy vampire voice. "But Alina, what does it do?"

Well, my fellow Wattpadians, there seems to be very few things that rose water does not do. It has an anti-inflammatory function that can work against swelling caused by acne, and work against skin irritation caused by too much sun. It unclogs your pores, and thoroughly cleans the skin.

The best time to apply rose water is after your bath, in the evening. The steam will open your pores, and the rose water will give them a good scrubbing. Don't be afraid to spray some on your skin in the morning or during the day. In fact, go get a spray bottle right now, and go crazy!

Rejoice people who spend their lives staring at computer screens! Rose water can soothe those puffy eyes! It hydrates the skin, and can be a great addition to a daily skin care routine for dry skin-and well, all other skin.

Can also be used (gently, people!) as a setting spray for make-up, and to soothe your skin after shaving.

Basically, what I'm saying is, spray away!

How to make it:

1. Go steal some rose petals from someone's garden. (My mother has the most beautiful rose garden, Muha muh muahahahaha.) Wash off the dirt and bugs.

2. Put it into a pot, throw some water over it. Not too much, basically just about cover the petals.

3. Do not boil! You want to steam the oil out. Use a low setting.

4. You know you've murdered your rose petals like a pro when they've lost their colour. For example, red roses will turn pink, yellow/orange roses will turn mustard.

5. Wait for it to cool, remove the petals and spray away.

Lazy Rose Water:

1. Boil water and pour it into a cup.

2. Add Petals.

3. Cover the cup with a saucer.

4. Let sit for about 10 minutes (until you can feel that the cup is no longer warm).

I poured some of mine into an ice tray. It's perfect for the devilish heat in South Africa. In the morning, I take out a block, and rub it on my face.

The reason I've gone for rose water first is because we're going to be using it in a lot of different facial and hair treatments. So put this on a sticky note or, you know, don't forget the only two ingredients needed.

Conclusion: Rose water = good!

Please do remember to comment and tell me if any of the tips have worked, and/or support the story by clicking on the star and adding it to your reading list! Those pretty stars are very important to Wattpad authors! Thank you for reading.