Beer - Hair

This one's for the older folk who can buy beer. Sorry guys! Beer is believed to repair damaged hair, give body and make it shiny! So if you've got any leftover beer in the house that someone didn't finish, run along outside and pour it over your head. Doesn't have to be a brand new open can/bottle, and it should also not be cold but rather room temperature.

Wash your hair, rinse it, then rinse it with beer and keep it on for a few minutes. You're welcome to add beer to some of the hair masks that we've gone over in the past. This beer rinse reminds me a bit of the rice water that we've seen in the previous chapters, and has a similar function. So if some youngsters are feeling left out with this one, the safest alternative would be to collect some rice water and apply that as a rinse.

Since this chapter was rather short I thought I'd add a few tips for healthier hair.

1. Do not wash your hair every day. I sometimes can't help this in the summer, because the heat is a playground for sweat and you just don't feel clean without washing hair daily. So during these times, I use more hair masks than usual. The reason you shouldn't wash your hair too often (about every second to third day) is because you as washing away all your natural oils, and most shampoos are also filled with chemicals, so that isn't exactly great either.

2. Spare your hair any unnecessary heating tools. Taking a bath right before bed? Don't blow-dry your hair. Give it a break. Also do not tie your hair up too tightly.

3. Trim you hair every so often. Just a little on the ends. I cut my own ends often but I take off very little length.

4. When applying your masks (about once a week)/conditioner remember to massage your scalp. (Claw your hands and drag your fingers from the start of your hairline to as far back as you can reach.)