Muscle Soother

Aching muscles are the worst! Hours of sitting at the computer is horrendous for your back and neck, but those that have no choice have to put up with it. My doctor suggested sitting on a Pilates ball rather than a chair as the ball keeps your back straight. However, if you're in pain the combination of oils below should assist in soothing your muscles.

Ingredients:

1. Chamomile Essential Oil (Chamomile oil is analgesic, which in simpler terms means that it reduces pain. It is also calming.)

2. Lavender Essential Oil (Lavender relaxes stiff muscles. Peppermint works like a charm too!)

3. Diluted Arnica Oil (Pure Arnica Essential Oil is toxic, and large amounts will cause skin irritation. I buy Deep Heat's Arnica Massage Oil that is already diluted and mixed with other herbal oils. This oil is used to soothe muscle ache and soreness.)

Instructions:

For massage oil you would naturally use a carrier oil (olive oil, jojoba, avocado oil etc.) to dilute the pure form of the essential oil. You can still use those and ignore the Arnica, but this is what I use Arnica Massage Oil for.

Add 2 drops of both Lavender and Chamomile Essential Oil to 2 tablespoons of Arnica Massage Oil.Rub it onto your neck or shoulders.

The final step is to heat your sore muscles as it serves to relax them. Use a heating pad or hot water bottle and place it on the aching spot after you've rubbed in your oil.

Neat way to make a heating sock: Fill a sock with brown or white rice, tie the open end or sew it shut. Microwave it for 30 seconds to a minute.