Coconut Oil - Everything Ever

Coconut oil has a very secure place in my cupboard, and with good reason. It does a duck ton of things for your body! I'm not going to go into the benefits of ingesting it, but you can pretty much replace your vegetable oil with coconut oil and be happy forever and ever. I already use olive oil, and with coconut oil pulling I'm getting my fair share of the stuff in my mouth. Not that it tastes bad. It reminds me of Rafaello, you know, without the delicious cream center. For anyone that's wondering I use extra virgin, hard pressed coconut oil.

Let's get down to business, shall we? Here are some awesome things that you can do with coconut oil:

1. It decreases the appearance of age lines and wrinkles. Not only that, coconut oil is known for its anti-aging properties.

2. Coconut oil is a light moisturizer, so now you know what to do. I'm not saying that people should throw their expensive moisturizers away—yet, but you could give it a try. Rub it in soft, circular motions just as you would a moisturizer, and decide for yourself whether or not you see a difference. I only use coconut oil as moisturizer, in the morning and the evening.

3. You can also use it as an eye cream, and I know these things are horribly expensive, so you're welcome. I guess this one doesn't come as a surprise since I just said that it reduces the appearance of age lines, and most have them around the eyes.

4. Coconut is said to be beneficial for those suffering from acne, but it should not be the only thing you turn to. Coconut oil contains Capric Acid and Lauric Acid which are antimicrobial agents that protect your skin, vitamin E and reduces the inflammation caused by acne. The above is just a gist of information taken from Organic Facts, if you want to learn more the link can be found below. I assume that since coconut oil can make age lines etc less visible, it can also do something for acne scars. Although if it doesn't, you've always got honey to turn to.

5. Coconut oil can reduce the appearance of stretch marks and varicose veins (those nasty buggers that can pop out on your legs and hands). Rub in the oil and message.

6. Coconut is an amazing makeup remover. I still have a full bottle of expensive stuff that I moved to the side because of it. It didn't matter which brand I went for, it felt like I had to pour the entire bottle on my face just to get rid of mascara—while waving goodbye to a few eyelashes in the process—and I don't wear a lot of makeup. I take a NIVEA wipe (You've won everything else, organic products, but you're not getting my NIVEA Wipes!), dunk the tip into coconut oil, and remove all my makeup off with ease.

7. Chucking money away for shaving cream? Oh you! Coconut oil can be used as a shaving cream, yay, and it can also be applied after shaving to soothe and smooth your skin. In fact, just rub everything with it.

8. For soft feet, rub your feet with coconut oil after your bath, put on some cotton socks and keep them on overnight. For dry elbows, you can mix some coconut oil and sea salt/granulated/brown sugar into a nice scrub and rub, rub, rub.

9. Body scrub: Kind of the same as above, only for your whole body. Mix coconut oil and granulated/brown sugar or sea salt and scrubby scrub.

10. I put coconut oil into my hair masks by adding the same quantity as olive oil. Made a mask for a friend last night, her hair is damaged due to colouring and she texted me this morning saying that her hair felt great but was hungry for more, yay!

You can just use coconut oil as a hair mask, still works great. It's much easier to wash off than olive oil. Remember, when you're applying hair masks you want to massage your scalp. Claw your hands, and drag your fingers from the start of your hair line to the back, and repeat several times. Put something on your hair so that the mixture is warm.

I use a plastic bag when I lose my hair cap —which happens a lot. Keep it on for 20 minutes to an hour, however long you wish.

11. Leave in conditioner: For those of us growing out hair, cutting off dry ends is torture. At least for me it was. So dunk one fingertip into your coconut oil bottle, rub your hands together to spread it, and then apply some very gently onto your dry ends. The coconut oil with be absorbed by your hair, and dry leaving your ends looking alive without having to resort to scissors.  

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/oils/coconut-oil-for-acne.html.