Chapter 17

Chapter 17

   "Shay, wh-en will you wake up? It's not a good ha-bit to keep sleep-ing like a lazy bird for days now. Don't you thi-nk you've gotten respon-sibilities to ful-fill but you are try-ing to escape?" Sanchi began chiding in her brittle voice. "I hate chea-ters, you know!"

Shaurya was lying down flat on the hospital bed, his body refusing to make a gesture. "I am not here to dem-and your care as a bro-ther, but as an uncle to my chil-dren, as a hus-band to Rohini after your marr-iage, and most impor-tantly, as a father to your unb-orn child."

Sanchi paused for a moment and shook her head before clasping his palm. "Shay, you are go-ing to be a father very soon and I can't wait to bec-ome an aunt. Why don't you under-stand?"

Sanchi bent closer and replaced her hand with her forehead on his wrist. "You are the rea-son why I'm sepa-rating from Vihaan and go-ing to Delhi by the next flight. You took a pro-mise from me that I sho-uld take care of Rohini in your ab-sence. I'm going to do that, I'm go-ing to stay with her for time imme-morial or till the time you ret-urn to us."

Sanchi waited again and wiped the tears wetting her cheeks. Earning a response from Shaurya was a desperate demand but it was something that seemed impossible at the moment.

"No Shay, how can I bla-me you for the rough patch in my relation-ship with Vihaan? You are not the rea-son why I am sepa-rating from him but he is him-self to be blamed for." She inhaled sharply and stood upright. "I don't want to dep-ress you with my painful story any-more. I was here to only bid you a fare-well. I won't be return-ing to Indore any time soon. Ma-ke sure you wake up as early as possi-ble."

Lightly pecking his forehead, she caressed his cheeks. "I love you Tom-ten."

She halted for a couple of seconds. "Ans-wer me, Shay. I am your Kitten."

When no miracle happened, she gradually turned away and eventually left the room with a heavy heart.

*****

Goodbyes are always difficult especially when you have to leave the person you love the most but you are destined to, carrying with you every emotion and moment that you've spent with him.

Sanchi was wondering the same when Vihaan drove her to the airport with Rehaan. They had not fetched Prachi with them because it would have been difficult to see her crying if she had to bid both her mother and brother an unnecessary goodbye.

As Sanchi waited inside the lounge for check-in, she witnessed the grave face of Vihaan who was trying hard to avoid eye contact with her before the moment when they would be finally walking away in two opposite directions.

"Vih-aan..." She muttered softly and pursed her lips.

He immediately nodded and pulled her into a muscle-tightening embrace, his face hidden in the crook of her neck. "Don't go, Sanchi, please."

Sanchi willingly surrounded her arms around his back and reciprocated the hug. "Eve-ry dark cloud has s silver lin-ing. We only need to wait for the ri-ght time and favo-rable situations."

When they had withdrawn from the hug, Vihaan lifted Rehaan in his arms and peppered him with kisses. "I will miss you, my hero. Daddy loves you and will do anything to bring you back home very soon."

The announcements were made and Sanchi prepared to leave. Vihaan stayed back for quite some time even after Sanchi had departed with Rehaan, for he couldn't accept their separation as easily as Sanchi had. He couldn't help but feel so companionless, isolated in the crowd of other passengers. He felt incomplete and would continue feeling so until the day she returned again!