Chapter 47

Chapter 47

The minions were back to the camp after a tiresome adventure. The feelings of who were going to be the winners or rank in the lowest category were probably missing from their weary bodies and minds for the time being.

It was one last time that Major Godbole and Brigadier Meethi publicly appeared before them to make the final set of announcements prior to the prize distribution ceremony.

Of course, each one of the minions was in high hopes to clinch the top ranks whereas the ones who hadn't performed well the entire training days were rooting for their favorites amongst the ten finalists.

Taking a stopwatch in her hand, Brigadier Meethi began. "We don't have much time before the declaration of the results. The judge panels are already done scrutinizing the ultimate reports and may announce it any time. So without getting into further details, we will summarize the entire session in a short time."

"According to the last round, Shalini was leading the points table, followed by Mayur and Dhairya respectively. Prachi had slipped to the fourth position with Aarohi and Rehaan behind her..." Major Godbole continued. "Now let us discuss the performances of the teams in the final round. We will see how they have excelled in the outdoor activities."

"It's very unfortunate that the first rank holder Shalini have almost faltered in every phase of her challenge. After having performed poorly in the first one, she has somehow managed to perform better in the next two phases." Brigadier Meethi pointed out. "Mayur was no better than Shalini. He has failed in his challenge. He was rescued back by the volunteers during his rappelling journey."

Major Godbole continued, "Dhairya— he was quite a better performance until the first phase. He slowed down in the next two phases, and coincidentally he took the same number of minutes to cross the two phases as his partner Shalini."

"Prachi, who was too poor at her performance in the first phase has gradually covered up the defects in the final two phases. In fact, it was a reversal compared to the first three rank holders." Brigadier Meethi said before smiling at Prachi. "You were quite an excellent performer in the last two phases that earned you enough points."

Major Godbole turned to Aarohi. "You were an average performer in the first phase, who made some improvements in the second phase. But, while entering the third phase, you deteriorated again."

"Only if you knew Major, I met with an accident and hurt myself. Yet I arrived at the camp on time." She thought to herself before replying, "Major, I busied myself into chewing some snacks then."

"So she kept her promise for not letting anyone know about her accident, especially Ishaan." Rehaan thought. "She has really transformed her ways. I am satisfied and ready to revive her friendship with Pihu again."

"Rehaan!" Brigadier Meethi's sudden voice snapped him out of his reverie. "Won't you like to hear how you have performed?"

"Yes." Rehaan seemed to be out of track for a moment before recomposing himself. "How did I?"

"You are the second-highest scorer in the final round. You have recorded satisfactory points though you slowed down with every passing phase. Yet you managed to keep up with the pace." Brigadier Meethi held him by his shoulder, maybe for the first time she was being this polite with him. "Bravo kid! Well done."

Rehaan's face refused to glitter because he was aspiring to be the first rank holder, whereas he was the second-highest in the last round. He did not know if the total marks would help him achieve victory.

"If I hadn't hurt myself, he could have been the topmost scorer in it." Aarohi thought to herself and looked over at Rehaan who had his head held low while staring at the ground beneath them.