Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Shaurya was at a loss for words because he had offended Rohini. Many of his questions went unanswered, and the majority of them were incomplete and ambiguous, leaving him completely baffled.

He had fainted twice and fallen weak on his limbs in the previous one and a half days, with no one to look after him at the Trivedi house. His parents had gone to Mahabaleshwar to pray for the well-being of their family, especially for Shaurya, hoping that he would be tended after by Vidya while they were gone.

Shaurya, on the other hand, had persuaded Vidya that he would be staying in the Trivedi house for a few days to complete some official work. Furthermore, Rohini had the impression that Shaurya was trying to get out of the embarrassing situation they had found themselves in, therefore she stayed at the Bundela house due to her own self-esteem.

Rohini had come to the conclusion that she was doing more than enough to fix everything that had gone wrong in her life, but it had taken a toll on her identity. She would have made some really bad decisions if Vidya hadn't convinced her to go to the Trivedi house and check on the work Shaurya was already doing there.

As Rohini moved into the entrance of the Trivedi house, she confronted the security at first. "Where is Shaurya? Why isn't he picking up my phone call?"

"I don't know, madam. Sir has not moved out of the house since he has returned."

"You are really useless!" Rohini barged into the house without a second thought, yelling Shaurya's name at the top of her voice. She wasn't quite fortunate in this case as there wasn't any answer from him.

Going past each room and rushing through the corridor, Shaurya was nowhere to be found. She reached the terrace which was expectedly void, and her heartbeat began escalating as she ran downstairs towards the backyard.

She heaved a sigh of relief when she spotted Shaurya on the swing, who was lying down like a crouching lizard on it with his eyes closed tightly. Nearing him, she murmured, "Shaurya, what's wrong with you? Why are you not picking up our phone?"

When he did not wake up, she spoke again, louder this time. "Wake up now, please."

As he seemed immovable, she gave a light push to the swing before pulling his arm. "Shaurya, wake–"

She yelped in fright as she felt that the skin of his arm was partially cold and his breathing wasn't too rapid. Touching his forehead and cheeks, she shrieked warily, "Security!"

*

Rohini had managed to bring Shaurya to his room with the help of the security and had immediately given a call to his original physician. As had already been predicted by them, Shaurya had indeed suffered from some internal shocks and had lost his senses as an outcome of it.

After the doctor had pushed an injection into his arm and suggested a new prescription, he left the house with an assurance that he would be available to Rohini's help whenever she called for him.

As Rohini sat next to a sleeping Shaurya on his bed, her phone rang and she received it with a sigh. "Vidya, there's nothing to worry about. Shaurya has been doing fine."

"I know I shouldn't worry as you are with him. But why wasn't he picking up my calls?" Vidya asked over the phone. "Is he alright?"

"He is," Rohini said with a low voice. "I will return with him as soon as our work completes."

As Vidya disconnected the call, Rohini closed her palms on her face and began crying, "I can't keep telling lies to everyone anymore. If I hadn't misbehaved with him at the restaurant, he would have been doing fine. How can I let Vidya know that her brother has fallen ill again because of my rude behavior!"