Chapter 18 (Blockbuster)

PLAYLIST FOR THE EPISODE

A/N: Surprise, eh 😝? You know how much your author loves surprising her readers with her mysteries and chapters like these ❤!  It's all about the Valentine Week and so I'm here with my basket of surprises again!

Chapter 18 

   Sanchi returned to Shaurya's apartment in a dilapidated mood. As disappointed as she was, she vowed never to talk to Vihaan again. She was full of excitement to meet her daughter after so many weeks and also converse with her husband, but his actions made her realize that her presence was so null in Prachi's life.

"Mum-ma..." A pair of tiny hands encircled her hips and as Sanchi turned, the child murmured, "I love yo-ou..."

"Pra-chi... my baby!" Sanchi burst out in laughter and lifted her daughter in her arms. "Am I dream-ing? Someone, ple-ase pinch me."

Rehaan jumped out of Vihaan's lap and ran towards Sanchi, engulfing her hips in the same way as Prachi had done. "Mom... Prah...here..."

Rohini stood beside Vihaan and smiled to herself at the sight of a family reuniting after months, wondering when she would also have a happy ending to her own love story.

When Sanchi landed Prachi on the floor, Rehaan pulled Sanchi's hand and guided her to his playroom. He wanted to show his mother all the toys and gifts that Vihaan had brought for him, feeling proud of his earnings and achievements.

As Prachi and Rehaan got busy playing, Sanchi came out of the room and walked over to Vihaan. He was seated in the drawing-room, flipping through the pages of a book and waiting for Rohini to fetch him a cup of coffee. He had arrived at Shaurya's apartment roughly fifteen minutes ago and just found the chance to get some rest.

"Vih-aan..." Sanchi began, her throat running dry by the hideous glare he suddenly gave her. "I thou-ght you left for Ind-ore."

"How could I have left without meeting Rehaan?" He answered casually and she simply shook her head.

Vihaan was indeed right, he couldn't have returned to Indore without seeing Rehaan once or fulfilling his duty as a father. It was Sanchi who had begun to wrongly interpret him without a proper reason.

"I plan to leave tomorrow. I hope I'm allowed to spend a night here at my best friend's place." Vihaan's words interrupted Sanchi's thoughts and she instantly nodded her head.

"Thank you, madam." He replied formally and waited for her to at least open her mouth in some response. With Rohini's arrival with a cup of hot coffee, Sanchi decided to quit her retorts for the time being.

"So Rohini, how is your office going on? You were working somewhere, am I right?" Vihaan enquired of her.

"I was but I am on sick leave these days."

"Why do you have to take a sick leave? Are you not keeping well? Shall I call a doctor?"

"I'm already in consultation with a doctor. Actually, I am expecting..."

"Expecting what?"

Sanchi was on a trial to cut short their rapid conversation and she intervened at last. "She is expect-ing to get cured of her dise-ase so that she can rejoin her off-ice soon."