Chapter 41 (Part 2)

Chapter 41 (Part 2)

Ishaan was searching for his teammate Shalini when Aarohi bumped with him. He put his arms around Aarohi as soon as he spotted her and waited excitedly to tell her about his victory over the twins.

"Where were you, Ishu? I was searching for you for such a long time."

"We have been successful this time, Aaru." He muttered proudly. "I have managed to trick that Rehaan Singh Bundela and his twin Prachi into losing this round."

"What did you do?" She was confused with his prediction. As Ishaan narrated to her, her eyes rose with rage and she pushed him away. "This was not right, Ishu. You did the worst without consulting me. I never expected it from you."

"Didn't you also want to see Rehaan losing points in the training?"

"I wanted because I hate Rehaan. But I can't believe that you pushed Pihu into the danger." She was screaming this time. "Pihu has been my closest friend and I cannot think of hurting her. Why did you involve her in it?"

"Rehaan is Prachi's pair and if the envelope gets destroyed, he will also lose points." Ishaan was trying to explain, being completely surprised by her behavior. "You mustn't forget that Prachi has asked you to stay aloof. She no longer considers you as her friend."

"She can never think like that. She is only upset with me because I supported you last time and she didn't know that you were my cousin." Aarohi's voice faded as she heard Prachi's shrieking voice behind her. When she turned, she could see Prachi struggling to find a way out of the lake having been drowned by almost half of her body. "I will never forgive you, Ishu, if anything happens to her."

Prachi had one of her hands floating high in the air while the other hand streaming the waters away from the surface of her body. With a great determination to remain in the game, she had enthusiastically kept her hand suspended in the air that held the envelope securely and preventing it from getting wet.

Fear gripped Rehaan as he drew near her as fast as he could. She was the most favorite person of his life even though they quarreled and complained about each other, but the love that they possessed for each other was immense and incomparable.

Offering her his hand, he tried to pull her out of the waters. "Pihu, give me your hand. I won't let anything happen to you."

"Rihu, get the enve-lope from my hand at fir-st, or else it might get wet." She pleaded loudly while Rehaan denied firmly.

"If I can't save you, what am I going to do with the envelope?"

"The wa-ter is not deep. I can move out of it my-self if you take the enve-lope."

Rehaan didn't want to argue anymore and attempted to get the envelope from her. He could not possibly reach her since the space between them was noticeable and a mistake on his part might accidentally throw him into the lake as well.

Aarohi came rushing towards them and gently held Rehaan by his arm, trying to provide him the required balance in helping Prachi. Rehaan had already grasped the envelope in his hand but when he realized Aarohi's presence, he at once snapped at her and freed his hand from him.

"Stay away from my sister, Aarohi." He blabbered angrily. "I can manage to help her. We don't need you."

"Rehaan, please let me help her." Aarohi was being genuine this time as her eyes said so, tears streaming down her cheeks. "I apologize for what my brother did but she is my friend. I can't let her get drowned."

"Hold your tongue!" A flare of rage was already hovering over Rehaan's face. "Wait, what? Did Ishaan push Pihu into the lake?"

"No, he didn't but. . ." Aarohi pondered over her reply as telling him the entire truth would mean confessing even her own faults. "Rehaan, please listen. . ."