Chapter 15

Chapter 15

An unconscious Shaurya was immediately shifted to the hospital by the guards and they had also informed Virendra about the unwanted accident. The entire family had completed the final rites of Vihaan's grandfather and were already on their way back to Indore from Omkareshwar.

Sanchi was not in her regular senses to speak to anyone as she stood resting against a wall in the hospital's corridor with Rehaan in her arms. Ashna had already fled with Ahaana the previous night, leaving Sanchi's heart and soul bleeding for her elder brother.

While Shaurya was being operated on, Sanchi made sure that her quivering lips didn't stop from uttering prayers for her brother's wellbeing. Frozen in her place like a statue, tears were also refusing to drip out of her eyes. Her love for Shaurya was intense and she was the only one who was responsible for his severe condition. Hadn't she agreed to Ashna's demands in the first case, Shaurya's life wouldn't have been at risk.

It was half past six in the morning when Sanchi's parents arrived at the hospital and an inconsolable Garima broke down into tears again. Sanchi was yet immovable at her spot while Hemant tried holding Garima upright in his arms.

One hour passed since they waited for some news from the doctors and in the meanwhile, Vihaan and his family arrived. Durga took a sleeping Prachi in her arms while Vihaan strode towards a heartbroken Sanchi and a crying Rehaan caught his sight.

"Sanchi, Rehaan is crying..." Vihaan pulled Rehaan out of her arms and rocked him in his arms to calm him. "Sanchi, do you hear?"

She stood there motionless while Vihaan shook her again. The moment she jerked her head, her puckered eyes fell on a concerned Vihaan's face. "Shay..."

She broke down crying into Vihaan's chest and he pressed her closer to his bosom. "Things will be fine, hickory. Believe me, that jerk can't leave us so soon without irritating me for the lifetime."

As Vihaan tried hard to console Sanchi, a lone drop of tear didn't fail to trickle down his eye. "As much as we fight, we have this brotherly bonding between us. He is the only closest person I have besides my parents, brother, Sanchi and our children. I can't afford to lose him but then I can't fall weak. I have to take care of his little sister and his family. Oh God! Why is this pain of losing a friend again?"

A doctor moved out of the operation theatre for almost four hours later and stood before the family. "The accident has incurred a deep injury to his brain and a loss of a huge amount of blood. Though Mrs. Sanchi had offered to help, we already had the stock of O negative blood in our storage. The surgery turned out to be successful!"

"I knew it." Vihaan exclaimed at first, tightening his hold on Sanchi. "See, I told you he will be fine. He can't just leave without cursing me."

"Wait Sir, things are not as easy as you think. His surgery is successful but recovering his senses is utmost essential. Injuries to the brain are risky and we can't guarantee anything until the patient gains consciousness." The doctor sounded doubtful. "The next twenty-four hours are going to be very crucial for the patient and us. Let us hope for the best!"

As the doctor departed, Virendra started slowly. "I had come across such cases in my life where injuries to the brain turned fatal sometimes. Since the doctor said his surgery is successful, I don't think it's going to be fatal for Shaurya. Neither of the cases I had witnessed had gotten their surgeries successful so there are still high hopes of his recovery."

"My son will be fine, right?" Garima asked Durga, a loud cry escaping her mouth.

"Don't panic, Mrs. Trivedi. Shaurya will be fine and up on his limbs." Durga tried to console her. "Didn't you hear what the doctor said? We should wait and pray for the next twenty four hours until he regains his consciousness again."