Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Ouch!" Sanchi jolted upright in the middle of the night, drumming her fingers right on to a sleepy Vihaan's shoulder. "Vih-aan!"

She was more than six months into her pregnancy and her unborn babies had already started showing movements inside her. She stepped out of the bed and sat before the mirror, touching her swollen tummy as gently as she could.

Her baby bump was clearly visible to her, comparatively bigger than any normal expecting mother. Whenever she touched her belly, she could feel the little ones expanding within her and growing up faster to set their tiny foot into this world.

She called Vihaan again and he shifted his position in sleep, yawning aloud. "Do you again need muffins tonight, hickory?"

"Vih-aan! Your babies are kick-ing me..." Her palm was still resting on her baby bump. "Can you see? Our bab-ies are showing move-ments."

"Seriously?" Vihaan's breath quickened as he moved out of the bed to kneel in front of her, touching the surface of her tummy as sensitively as he could. "Can I feel them too?"

Expressing his keen urge to experience the kicks of his own babies, he placed his hand on top of her belly, waiting for their cute response. Sanchi smiled at his mirthless behaviour, twirling her finger through his hair. "Wait for a few sec-onds, Vih-aan. They will kick aga-in."

"Hey babies, can you hear me? This is your father Vihaan Singh Bundela speaking..." Vihaan specified in a melodious voice to impress his children. "Are you annoying your mommy in the middle of the night?"

Sanchi smiled again when he placed his ear next to her tummy, listening into it. "Wh-at are you doing, Vih-aan?"

"Trying to obtain their response." He quickly answered her before conversing with the babies again. "You both are my obedient babies, aren't you? You should not irritate your mommy when you are inside her tummy. You will get ample of time to do so once you are out of this small space."

He immediately earned a pull in his ear by Sanchi, her eyes bulging out of her sockets. "Are you rea-lly try-ing to teach them to be obe-dient or insti-gating them again-st me?"

"I am trying to get them to my side, hickory." He replied wittily. "I am the innocent one who has always been in the danger zone of getting persecuted by someone so I now need a new member in my rescue team. I'll also give them the CBI training to protect me from you once I get to see them with my naked eyes."

His sarcastic remarks earned him a couple of smacks from Sanchi, her eyes reflecting a rage of protest against him. "No bab-ies, don't lis-ten to your daddy at all. He is try-ing to frame me in his wic-ked actions. It is he who ne-ver steps down from annoy-ing me."

"No babies, you will have to listen to me." Vihaan asked them again, his palm still skimming the surface of her belly. "Will you protect me against your naughty mommy?"

A light flicking sensation took him by surprise as he felt the kicking of his babies all of a sudden. He stared up at Sanchi in excitement before mumbling, "They responded, hickory. They have confirmed their support to their father!"

Vihaan's contentment knew no bounds while Sanchi lowered her chin to murmur to her children, "How can you...you both dis-obey your mother and show your sup-port for your egoi-stic and selfish fa-ther? Will you not sup-port me for carry-ing you inside me for so many mon-ths?"