Chapter 40

Not mine found it on the internet

Edward drove Bella, Yuri, Hailey and I back home. All three of us were joking about if Edward stepped into the sun maybe he would turn to dust, fully aware that he could hear us. 

I noticed that Bella was a bit tense and antsy since she had left their house.

What's wrong with her now - jack 

Shut up - Dinah

Oh looks whose finally back!- Jack

I chuckled as Dinah ignored Jack's attempt to be nice. But I wondered where she had gone, ever since we came back from Italy I don't think I've heard from her. 

"Bye Zadie see you tomorrow," Hailey said hopping out of the truck and running towards her house.

"Bye Zadie, Bella, Edward have a nice day," Yuri smiled before copying Hailey's actions. I shook my head this girl is way to nice for her own good. 

Edward drove one house down before parking in our driveway. It was still early in the day meaning maybe I could go into the woods to draw for a bit. Shaking my head I hopped out the car and walked towards the house. 

Can I come out I'm bored- Jack

No - Zadie

Wow, Dinah stop being so mean you're affecting our cute and innocent Zadie - Jack

As soon as I got into the house I ran upstairs to my room. What if I tried to draw the sky this time instead of the trees. That would be fun and a bit easier I think. 

I crept down the stairs as Bella and Edward talked with Dad. Not caring what they were talking about I ran out of the house to the backyard.

Bella's P.O.V.

"My parents wanted me to remind you about the airline ticket they gifted you for your birthday," Edward said. 

"What ticket?" Charlie asked. 

"A roundtrip ticket to Florida to see mom," I sighed. Why'd he bring it up now.

"It expires soon might want to use it this weekend."

"Maybe, as long as you use the companion ticket!" I said.

"What about Zadie?" Dad asked.

"She's not going to want to travel with me again," I said remembering what happened last time. That did not turn out well. 

"Hey, do you think the Volturi might come to visit Zadie?" I asked Edward as we left to go to my room. 

"It depends, Zadie doesn't seem to be experiencing any pain from being away from her mate until she does we can't be sure. If she feels that pain then we can be sure that Caius does as well," Edward informed me. "Zadie's drawing again."

I went to the window with him and peeked through the curtains to see Zadie sprawled on the grass with her notebook and pencil in hand.

Zadie's P.O.V.

"I was supposed to draw something for Esme, but I forgot what it was," I mumbled. I guess I can give her this picture of a sky. 

'Actually...did I give her something already, eh who cares its a big house they could use the decorations,' I thought. 

As I used blue colored pencil to draw the sky my mind drifted off. I thought back Italy and the blonde haired man. I'm not going to lie a large part of me wants to see him again but the larger part of me says no. 

I looked up as Edward jumped out the window. The sun had started to set so you couldn't really see what Edward had done unless you were looking for it.

A couple days later

Bella and Edward had just come back from going to Florida. I was glad she didn't take me as it would be awkward to meet Charlie's ex-wife. Plus I wasn't really interested on socializing any more than necessary with people I wouldn't be seeing again. 

Ever since I saw my mom at the court I've been wanting to see her again but I've never had the time since you know school and Bella wasn't here to drive me to the rez. I even drew a picture for her, I kept it from Charlie as he wouldn't want me to visit her.

While Bella and Edward were away, I made a friend though. I don't know why I keep surrounding myself with people who are so much older than me but it just happens. She has red hair as fierce as her personality.

I walked through the forest with my notebook in hand. The tangled roots of trees showing as they protruded through the soft dirt. 

The trees were a bright green color since it had rained yesterday and as I made my way to my normal spot I saw a hint of red. It stuck out since the forest was always just green and brown, to my knowledge there were no red flowers. 

The red thing was peeking out from behind a tree. Walking over to it I reached out to pull what I thought was a flower but instead it was fuzzy.

"What are you doing," A slightly annoyed voice asked. 

"Oh...um sorry I thought your hair was a flower...I've never seen someone with red hair before. Where are you from? Did you just move here? What's your name?" I asked. As soon as she saw me her expression did a full 180. 

She laughed, and it sounded so pretty! "My name is Victoria and yeah I just moved here." 

"I don't really know where everything is since I'm so new. Do you know of any good places to eat?" She asked me. She had a big smile on her face, I guess she 

"Oh yeah um... theres this diner that my dad really likes to go to and I like it too. They have really good fries and burgers and desserts." I started to get hungry as I thought about it.

"Would you like to go with me?" She asked. 

I hesitated, I shouldn't go with a stranger. Who knows what she could do? 

"You know since I don't know where it is?" She added. "If you're worried about me hurting you don't worry I won't I don't even know where I am. Doing something to you would be the last thing on my list."

'Why is it even on your list', I thought. 

"Ok, I'll take you." I could feel Jack and Dinah's presence close by which calmed me down since I knew that if anything went wrong they would help me out.