Chapter 35

I'm not sure but this chapter just warning you involves shooting and a little bit of torture, I guess you could call it that. So trigger warning. 

Dinah was hunched over in pain and at that moment she remembered something. The thing that changed Zadie's life forever. 

"Momma, momma", Baby Zadie shrieked as she was taken out of her crib. She grabbed at her mother's face who looked down at her with a serious expression before breaking out in laughter.

"Today we're going somewhere special, ok, but you can't tell anybody where we're going", She said. 

Charlie had left the house to go to work leaving the two girls by themselves. Which was never good, it was never, good to leave Josephine with Zadie ever since last time.

"You and I are going to go on a little field trip", Josephine sang as she placed Zadie in the car seat. Zadie cheered as she was buckled into the seat she loved going on car rides. Josephine chuckled while thinking.

'it's not going to be that kind of field trip' 

~Arrived~

Getting out of the car Josephine unbuckled Zadie's seat belt and the two entered what seemed to be a warehouse. 

"I'm going to meet someone so you stay right here, and your gonna get a nice view", Josephine smiled creepily. Zadie looked up at her mom innocently, the same innocence that would be taken away in just a matter of minutes. 

The metal door creaked open and Josephine walked away from Zadie and into the middle of the room. She smiled a sickly sweet at a man who had entered the building, as soon as he walked in he made eye contact with Zadie who was just chilling in the corner. He adjusted his suit and glared at the woman.

"Why would you bring a kid, what the hell is wrong with you", He said.

"Now, now is that any way to speak to your elders?", She pouted. "Did you bring it?".

"Yes, but I'm not giving it to you today, you have a whole kid with you", He said like it was obvious.

"And what of it..."

"I actually have a brain, something you must be lacking"

Josephine was angry now, not only was he disrespecting her he wasn't going fulfill his side of the deal.

The smile dropped from her face as she pulled a gun on him. 

"Woahh CALM DOWN", he exclaimed putting his hands in the air. "We can talk this out". 

"Oh so now you respect me, Zay come here", The girl knew what her mom was holding. She didn't want to go over to her, but she knew that if she didn't she'd be in trouble. So she waddled over, clutching her mom's shirt. 

Bending down she smiled at Zay, "Do you know what happens to people when they disrespect mamma".

Zadie shook her head, "No".

"Well, first we're going to shot him right where he can feel it", Josephine chuckled as she aimed the gun at the man's leg. He was trying to escape but Josephine reacted faster.

"Here", She said giving Zadie a small knife. "That is a knife, now come".

"I want you to draw a triangle", Zadie had tears rolling down her face, she didn't wanna hurt anybody.

"But hurt him", She sobbed. Josephine continued smiling, "It won't hurt him one bit".

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PSYCHO, YOU'RE CRAZY", He screamed out trying to scoot away from them, but Josephine shot his other leg. 

"Go ahead Zadie, you remember how to make a triangle right, a triangle has three sides", Josephine explained.

Zadie tore her eyes away from the man and proceeded to make a sloppy triangle on his right arm.

"Good job, I'll get you some ice cream on the way home, now I want you to watch this next part, it is an essential part of this operation."

Raising the gun, she aimed for his head, the man with the curly hair closed his eyes and awaited death.

"Just kidding, I'm not going to give you any mercy", She said as she shot his throat. Blood squirted out of his neck. The red substance getting on Zadie's clothes that's how close she was. 

"Don't worry I came prepared", Josephine reassured Zadie as she saw the blood on the girl's shirt. 

"he gon be kay", Zadie questioned.

"No baby he's dead", Zadie's eyes widened in horror. 

"You were a great helper you should come with me again", Josephine smiled oblivious to Zadie's distress. 

That was one out of 12 deaths she had seen, and that was the one and only one she had participated in. 

~Back to the present~ 

Bella was at Edwards' house, he knew what was going to happen and had pleaded with her the whole day to reconsider. But Bella stayed firm she had made up her mind.

"Bella please don't do this", He asked as they walked down the stairs. She gave him a look, "I've already made up my mind". 

"I want to be a vampire". At the exact same time, Bella said those words, Dinah had shifted for the first time.