Chapter 31

"The bonfire is tonight you should get ready", Sam said, well more like commanded.

Zadie's P.O.V.

Mom, sing it to me again

Mom where are you

MOM

COME BACK

I FORGIVE YOU

"MOM", I gasped as I woke up. Wait where was I? I looked around the room, where was Bella?

"BELLA", I yelled. I heard footsteps racing down the stairs. "Zadie", I heard her sigh in relief.

She wrapped me in a hug and cried. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry", She told me.

I squeezed her back, "I thought I lost you", I cried out.

"I'm sorry I won't do it again, I won't, I promise I won't leave you", Bella cried as she hugged me tighter.

"Bella, Zadie", I heard a deep voice grumble. I looked up to see a man's face, who was he?

"New phone who dis", I mumbled.

"My name is Sam", He chuckled but then his face returned to a sorrowful look. "The bonfire is starting".

"Bonfire for what", I asked.

"Harry died", Bella informed me.

"Oh...", I dropped my head, tears started to well up in my eyes. I really loved my uncle Harry, I wonder how Leah and Seth are.

"Come on let's go", Bella murmured as she picked me up. I wrapped my arms around her neck as she walked us outside.

I looked at Billy and he had the same sorrowful expression, and I dropped my head. What a terrible day.

"For those of you who knew Harry, you know that he loved to tell the legends, so in honor of him, we will be telling two rare legends. The legend of the Zodiac and the legend of the Protected.

"Long ago there was a war between two tribes Blackhill and Armon. They fought this war for days and many lives were lost. But when all hope seemed to be lost Blackhill's leader remembered a friend he had made back in his youth. He called on her name and she appeared, you see she wasn't like the regular humans she had a gift.

The gift of the zodiac, she had the power of the constellations on her side, once she got started it was no longer a fair fight. Blackhill had already won the moment she stepped into the warzone. She called upon Aries and Taurus and had them wipe out the entire Armon army.

She was known as the first Zodiac in our history. Eventually, she died of old age, but she had a daughter who was capable of the same powers her mother had before her. But it was recorded that every generation of these Zodiac was not as powerful as the one before them. We have not heard from the zodiac in years but we believe that there is one somewhere watching over us".

Zadie gave Billy her full attention as she listened to his storytelling.

"The legend of the protected. Many years ago there was a young girl who had wandered too far into the forest and become lost when she stumbled upon the first pack she was not scared of there wolves like most would be, but instead, she befriended them and they formed a bond stronger and more sacred than an imprint, but it was like a family protector bond it is the pup imprint. They knew when she was in trouble when she needed emotional support, she was the pack's pup they would do anything for her. She was also protective of them as well if she felt they were threatened she wanted to protect them too even if she was only human.