Chapter 22

My head shot up as Bella screams echoed throughout the house. 

I rolled my eyes and covered my ears with my pillow trying to drown out the noise. This happens way to damn much.

Bella's nightmares have been going on for so long, they all started when we found her in the woods, technically Sam found her, I just played around with Paul. I'm starting to like him, but he's so annoying and-

AHHHH

I huffed as I got out of bed, if Dad has given up trying to comfort her then it's my turn.

"Please come back", I heard Bella whimper as I entered her room. My bare feet padded against the cold floor, I grunted a bit as I struggled to climb on the bed. Why was it so freaking high?

"Bella, Bella wake up", I said, shaking her a bit. She just moaned softly in her sleep, I shook her more violently.

"Edwar-"

"No you idiot it's me", I yelled disgusted by the fact she even thought I was that pale- impish freak.

"Oh", She sighed.

"No need to be so disappointed", I murmured, wiggling my body beneath her covers.

"What are you doing,", She asked quietly trying not to wake up Dad.

"I'm going to sleep, duh, and try not to wake up screaming", I told her before rolling over and going to sleep.

"Ok, goodnight", She whispered.

"Goodnight".

3rd P.O.V.

The two Swan girls fell into a dreamless sleep, Bella was thankful to finally have a good night's rest although she missed seeing Edwards face. Zadie, on the other hand, could not shake the feeling that something was missing, but after what seemed like hours she gave up trying and fell asleep.

Bella's P.O.V.

-In the Morning-

I sighed as I woke up, it was way too hot for me to be in Forks, it was like there was a heater next to me.

I pushed off the blankets and relaxed as I saw Zadie sleeping peacefully next to me. When did she come in here though?

"I'm trying to go to sleep, duh, try not to wake up screaming"

Oh. I pushed the extra blankets off of her and brushed some hair out of her face, surely she had to feel hot.

I rose up out of bed and went downstairs today I was going to visit Jacob, because if I didn't I could be sent back to Jacksonville. What if Edward comes back and I'm not there?

I opened the fridge and started preparing a fruit bowl for Zadie, she was coming with me today. I need to get my mind off things and hopefully Jake will help with that.

"So, are you planning on closing the fridge or just staring into it all day", I heard Zay say from behind me. I quickly closed the fridge and turned around.

"I-I just got lost in thought, anyways you're coming with me to visit Jake", I said.

"Sure, but it sounds boring",

"I'm bringing him some bikes that he can fix-up", I exclaimed. That didn't sound boring at all.

"Uh-huh I'm going to bring my drawing notebook and possibly some paint, oooh maybe watercolors", Zadie started to say. I shook my head as she walked out of the room probably to get her supplies.

"This is going to be fun, this is going to be fun", I repeated trying to convince myself. I was going to have a good time, and I would not let the...Cullens ruin any more of my life.

I opened the door and made sure the tarp was still holding down the bikes before getting into the car. I honked the horn twice impatiently waiting for Zadie to come out of the house.

Zadie's P.O.V.

I raced around the room picking up my art supplies, I can't believe she honked the horn on me. How rude.

It's not like Jacob is going anywhere anytime soon. I ran down the stairs with my packed bag in hand and ran out to Bella's obnoxious truck.

"What took you so long", She complained.

"I'm sorry some of us actually care about our appearances", I retorted. What's she in a rush for, the rez is literally 10 minutes away. She huffed in annoyance and started backing out the driveway.

I wonder if Dad told Bella about my doctors appointment

I swung my legs back and forth as I thought about all the paintings I could make today. I could do a forest-themed one since we're going to be surrounded by trees and stuff. Maybe I could do a sketch and a drawing, but that depends on how long Bella plans on staying.

"Hey Zay", Bella said.

I looked up at her, "Yeah".

"Don't wander off okay I don't need you getting lost", She told me. I nodded, I wasn't planning on doing anything stupid I can barely even read!

"Once we get there don't wander off into the woods, or talk to strangers and don't take food from random people", she instructed.

"Bella please, I'm not dumb, Dad already gave me the how to escape from predators 101 guide", I groaned. The amount of times I've been warned not to trust random strangers is exhausting. I am not that stupid, I think.

- At the Rez-

"BELLA", Jacob exclaimed excitedly rushing down the steps to hug her. I stood awkwardly beside Bella as he spun her around.

"Hey Jake, I missed you", She beamed, bruh honestly who is this yesterday she was all mopey and didn't want to get out of her room and now she's all smiley and it's freaking me out.

"ZADIE", he yelled picking me up. "I can't forget my favorite 1st grader".

"No, no you can not", I smiled wrapping my arms around his head as he placed me on his shoulders. I was so high up, is this how it feels to be a grown-up, the air feels a little different up here.

Probably because up here you don't smell peoples farts as much. 

I scanned the area looking for the perfect place to start my sketch. If base it off of the side of Jake's house I have a good view of the trees. Good thing I brought a lot of green and browns.

"Imma go over there", I said climbing off of Jake's shoulders.

"Ok just don't go too far", Bella told me. I nodded and started walking off.

"DON'T FORGET TO USE PROTECTION", I shouted behind me.