Chapter 42

I left for the mountains with Bella for two reasons. One I didn't want to go fishing and two I don't want to hear dad jokes all day long. But now I was seriously regretting my decision for multiple reasons but number one being how cold it was like oh my god. Never in my life has it been this cold, probably cuz I've never slept in the mountains before. Makes sense.

"You aren't wearing your ring," I heard Edward say to Bella. I stopped in my tracks. I had just come up the hill from following a bunny and walked up to another awkward conversation. I shoulda just endured the fishing.

"I didn't want to lose it-"

"Or you didn't want them to see it." Edward said, speaking over her.

"Oop...she married,"I mumbled. My eyes widened as Edward turned his head towards me. I totally forgot about this super hearing thing. I snuck behind the tree that the tent was in front of trying to stay out of sight.

"Zadie." Edward called out.

I didn't respond and just kept quiet but to be honest he could probably hear me shivering.

"She's over there?"Bella asked. I heard footsteps coming my way not knowing who it was I "quietly" crept away from the tree. That was until I smacked into Edward's leg.

Like damn can't you warn me next time. I feel like my brain just split open.

"How much of that did u hear?" Bella asked.

"How could you get married and not tell me!" I cried feigning sadness, but she caught on.

"First off I'm not married I'm just...engaged."

"And what is the difference you might as well be married," I commented.

"You can't tell Jacob about this," Bella said, interrupting me.

"I mean if he asks I might just slip up you know lying is bad." I said nodding my head.

Night had fallen and the wind blew violently which didn't work in us humans favor as it was literally freezing. It barely made a difference when I moved into Bella's sleeping bag.

"By the morning imma be a block of ice!"I exclaimed. I was shivering like crazy.

"I can't sleep with all this teeth chattering going on," Jacob said, opening the tent. Edward glared at him as he tried to open the sleeping bag we were in.

"I mean if you are here to warm us up then go right ahead," I whispered, even then Edward still heard and turned his head towards me. I raised my hands in surrender,

'don't blame me', I thought to myself.

Edward lost the fight though...

His love for Bella was tOo gReAt or whatever he didn't want to see her suffer.

"Wake up, Zay," I heard Bella say. Omg just shut up, I don't even have school. But then I remembered Bella's getting married.

I shot straight up my head knocking a hard object.

"Ow", I groaned, grabbing my head. I looked up at the thing I hit only to find Noah staring down at me.

"Omg what are you doing here?" I asked, still clutching my head. He tilted his head to the side and said, "I'm going to be helping my siblings fight the newborns." He's acting like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Are you not a child?"I asked.

"Yes, a child with telekinesis," He smirked looking proud.

"What the hell is telekinesis?"

"HEY WATCH YOUR MOUTH!" Bella scolded me entering the tent. She then turned to Noah and shooed him out the room.

"Sorry," I smiled.

"You don't look or sound sorry... now change your clothes we have to hurry," She told me. I nodded my head.

I changed into white sweatpants and kept my shirt from yesterday on, it was too cold to be doing that. Over my shirt I put on a sweatshirt and over then I wore a coat, I liked this coat cuz it had fur on the hood. Bella told me to wear white sweatpants cuz if I had to hide it would be easier to blend in with white clothes. But are they not vampires, they will hear me and smell me either way, but whatever.

I opened the tent and stepped out there seemed to be more snow

I opened the tent and stepped out there seemed to be more snow than yesterday on the ground. It was blinding to see all that pure white snow, guess I'll have to endure it. I'd rather see all white than almost falling into the water with dad.

I looked up and looked at my surroundings, Jacob wasn't here I noticed.

"What happened to Jacob?" I asked. Bella flinched and Edwards gaze hardened but relaxed after a while.

"He and Noah went down already," She informed me.

"Ok," I found a rock to sit on.

'I'm so bored'

Jack: Well Danny here has a whole career focused on taking care of children

Daniel: P-please just call me Daniel

Zadie: i'm bored

"She found us," Bella spoke.

"And she's not alone." Edward said. Sitting up from the rock, I named him Stan.

I looked up to see two people. My eyes widened as I saw my redheaded friend from some time ago.

"Victoria," I murmured. She no longer looked friendly like before, she looked as if she would kill each and every person on this mountain without a second thought.

Her eyes snapped to mine as she heard me talk. A twisted smile made its way onto her face.

"I didn't know little swan would be here today to watch the show," She chuckled darkly. 

"You know here?" Bella asked with wide eyes.

"Um... i just gave her directions to the diner once before," I said smiling sheepishly. Bella stared at me probably wondering what else happened while she was away.

Victoria inched closer towards us but didn't get too far as Edward sped across and threw her a couple yards back.

Her sidekick growled and ran at Edward full speed, which obviously wasn't enough as Edward quickly grabbed his arm smashing him into a rock.

wait...

Was that Stan just now? Omg he killed Stan... this idiot.