Chapter 23

I crouched down leaning on a tree as I pulled my supplies out from my backpack. I opened my sketchbook and leaned my head back against the tree.

I stared at the tree line thinking of ways to make it look more interesting.

Bella's P.O.V.

Zadie's been so distant lately, and it all started after she went to that doctor. Or maybe it's because of me, because I kept myself holed up in my room all along. I haven't been a good sister to her, I've been too worried about myself to even recognize something's been bothering her.

"Hey, you're spacing out again, something wrong", Jake asked me. I shook my head shaking out all those thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine, you've got my full attention now", I smiled.

Zadie's P.O.V.

I bit my lip as I drew the tree line for the 3rd time already, maybe if I just start it over it'll be better. Erasing, the whole drawing I started from the bottom of the page and went up.

"Nah, I'm on my way to Billy's now", I heard a deep voice say. I looked up, turning my head towards the voice, smiling a bit as I saw Paul walking by. I covered my drawing and sneaked behind the tree.

Maybe I could scare him. I smirked a bit as he kept walking meaning that he didn't know I was there. The drawing could wait this was way more fun.

I picked up a stray pebble and started crawling behind him. I dashed over to another tree and aimed the pebble at Paul's head. Then I threw it.

My jaw dropped as he caught it, is this man spiderman or something. If so we've got to tell him that spandex are not his friend.

"I know your there Zadie", He called out, putting away his phone. I frowned and stepped out of my hiding spot.

"How'd you catch it", I questioned suspiciously.

"I don't know how'd you through it with those short arms of yours". Rude, that's just rude.

"Should've just let it hit you, it woulda been funner", I complained.

"Funner is not a word",

"Says who", I retorted.

"The dictionary".

"Wow you can read, I thought you were homeless walking around the woods with no shirt", teased.

"Haha, you're so funny", he said sarcastically. I smiled, "I know".

"So what are you doing alone in the woods", he questioned.

"I could ask you the same thing",

"But I asked first", Paul whined. I cringed, "fine, I'm painting a picture of the trees". I walked over to where I had placed my stuff and grabbed my drawing.

"DAMN", He yelled. I flinched at the unexpected noise.

"Does it look bad", I asked glaring at the picture. You ugly piece of-

"NO...no it looks really good, you could be like a professional like now", He exclaimed. I felt a tingly feeling in my cheeks...

So I slapped them.

"Thanks", I murmured. Why was I so shy all of a sudden, snap out of it, I smacked my forehead maybe that would bring some sense back into my body.

That's what mom did whenever-

"So, like what's the occasion", I tilted my head in confusion, what occasion? "Why are you here", he clarified.

"Oh, uh Bella's hanging out with Jake and I'm not trying to be stuck in a situation where there are going to be so many awkward silences", I explained. He nodded. "Why are you here".

"I was going to go see Billy but I'll come back later", He told me.

"PAUL", We both turned our heads to the voice, I was still confused as to who it was, but a look of recognition flashed across Paul's face. So I'm guessing he knows him. I shrugged and turned back to my painting not too concerned with whoever that was.

So, uh are we going to eat soon, I'm starving

Omg yes can we have pizza

I wan pizza too,

PIZZA

I could go for some

I dropped to the floor as a wave of voices arose in my head. What the HECK! I held my head in my hands, it hurt so much.

Hush sweetie it's okay let me make the pain go away for a little while sweet girl you have been so strong let me help

Suddenly I felt floaty and like I was being guided backwards.

Miriam's P.O.V.

I blinked as I looked around, my first time out of the body. The vibrant green trees swayed as the crisp breeze floated through the air.

This is what you do, really

Ignoring Jack I made my way over to the tree where a bunch of papers rested on the ground. I bent down picking up one of the stray papers, smiling as I saw what a gift our host had.

"ZADIE, COME ON IT'S TIME TO GO", I heard a feminie voice call out. I guess she thought I was her, I picked up the rest of the papers and placed them back neatly into the backpack.

"ZADIE COME ON",

She hardly gave me anytime to prepare. I huffed and started making my way up the small hill towards the voice.

My face relaxed as I recognized the brunette standing in front of me.

"You're Isabella", I spoke. She looked at me weirdly before shaking her head and heading inside the car. I hesitantly opened the door, she's not as pleasant as I thought.

"So what did you do today", Isabella asked me. I stared at her for a while taking in her facial features, she looks different in person.

"I-I painted a picture", I told her. Well, technically Zadie painted a picture, but she doesn't know that I'm not her.

I watched as the scenery flew by as Bella's truck cruised by. I stared at Bella as she drove, her hands were loose around the wheel but she had a strong look of concentration.

I jumped a little as my stomach growled. I forgot all about eating.

"Isabella, are we going to eat soon", I questioned. She looked at me in annoyance.

"Stop calling me Isabella, you know I don't like it", She snapped. Is she not going to answer the question?

"I apologize, but you haven't answered the question", I told her.

"No we're going home, there's food there and why are you talking like that", She told me.

"Like what".

She stared at me before looking back at the road, "Nevermind".

...

"Come on, we're here", Isabella announced. I pushed open the door and hopped out of the car, almost falling in the process. I looked up to see Isabella already standing at the front door waiting for me.

I hurriedly ran over to her, I wonder what's food there is.

...pizza

"Come on", Isabella groaned pushing me into the kitchen. "If your that hungry you should have said something earlier instead of trying to eat the plants", she said scolding me. 

Thank you @Angelwithscars96 for helping me make this!