7

"Uh oh." Shrinking close to Rosé, I look about and realize the car is surrounded.

"R.P.! I knew you were cheating! You can fool the others, but you can't pull the wool over my eyes!" The man bangs his first, nearly denting the hood. "You think you can pull your tricks here? You think you can steal MY money?"

Rosé laughs suddenly, the sounds vicious. "...Yes!" She starts up the car with a roar and peels out if the lot, driving so fast I'm thrown back against the seat. I look behind and see another car rumble after us, on our tail. "Crap!!"

"Don't worry, I got this!" She drives through the city at breakneck speed, blasting past red lights and taking every tight corner at 90 miles an hour. Once we're on the highway, I think we've lost them. But the car full if howling angry men catches up to us. "Persistent." We both jolt when the car tries to rank us, bumping into out rear. "Is he crazy?"

Glazing behind her, Rosé's eyes are dark with anger, but a twisted grin is still on her face. "Okay, lucky lady. It's your turn to drive." Without warning, Rosé takes my hand and yanks it to the wheel, forcing me to steer as she lets go. "What are you doing?!"

Rosé arches up, pulling a gun from a hidden compartment in the back of her seat. "Deciding if I should kill them or not." She smiles standing up and turning around, Rosé takes aim at the car behind us and fires odd four shots. I wince at each one, and then again when Rosé slumps back in her seat and takes the wheel. The car behind us reeks, losing control as the tires fly off in peels of black rubber. It crashed, rolling over and over towards us.

"Bye bye, boys!" Rosé escapes the crash by a narrow margin, spreading off into the night and leaving the other car behind. My head is throbbing from a sudden stress headache, my whole body feeling like Rosé had doused me in run and set me in fire.

When the car purrs to a stop in front of the mansion, I still have trouble believing in alive.

"Sooo..." Rosé turns to me, resting her arm over the back of my seat. "Did you have fun?"

Fun? FUN? We were almost killed!?

I stare at her for a moment, realising my chest is stuttering with each panting of breath. "...Yes."

That cold laugh sends a fresh batch of trembles through me. "I'm so glad."

The next thing I know she's on top of me, straddling my lap, each fist anchored with a tight grip on the front of my dress. "Thank you so much for driving." She speaks against my ear, drawing her teeth along it to punctuate every word.

Then she shivers, letting out a sigh. "Come on, love... Let's... go, before I do something I regret. I need a drink. Or ten.

In her room, she peels off her clothes like they'll kill her if she leaves them in too long.

I mean I've gotten used to the sight.

Still, my eyes keep trailing down, distracted by her smooth, flat belly.

"Now where oh where did I stash that bottle of gin...?" I lean against the doorway, feeling exhaustion seep down my bones. "Can I have one, too?" Rosé bounces on the balls of her feet at the suggestion, clapping her hands together in sudden energy. "Look at you, taking a drink from a stranger. You've come so far. And to think, all u had to do was get us in a car chase."

My laugh is tremulous as she fixes me a very sweet drink. "Does that happen often?" She pouts. "I WISH it did. The whole reason I joined Ha-Joon's gang was because he promised me an exciting life."

Whoa, hold on a minute.

I set my drink down. "You were in Ha-Joon's gang?!" "Was that not obvious?" I shake my head.