8

"You have five minutes before u decided you're worth wasting a bullet on." Striding up to him, Jisoo glowers down with full force her ire. Far from withering under it, Jimin just twists to the side so he can eye me over instead.

"Wait... don't tell me YOU'RE (Y/N)?? I wasn't expecting a little dress-up doll." Jimin bares his teeth in a grin, looking wolfish and hungry. "You look sweet, though. Like you'll pair well with dessert."

Steel sings as Jennie grabs her sword from where she had left it resting int he table. "It's getting close to five minutes."

Jimin's eyebrows shoot up as he glances from one enraged fave to the other. "You guys are pretty high strung. I can see why daddy dearest wasn't too sad to see you go." He shoots a wink in our direction, making eye contact with Rosé. "Guess that's why likes me better, huh? I'm not stopping with him, though. I'll take everything from you, Roseanne. And I'm going to enjoy watching you squirm."

Stepping forward, Lisa grabs Jimin roughly by his upper arm, escorting him outside while the rest of us seethe in anger.

I've never wanted to slap someone so hard in my entire life.

Rosé is still standing next to me, trembling from head to toe. Letting out a huge sigh, Jisoo covers her face with one hand and points at Jennie with the other. "You're not allowed to answer the door ever again." "Me? This is dad's f--" Rosé snaps. "Shush, Ruby Jane. We all know it's Ha-Joon's fault.'

...Ruby Jane?

I look to Jennie curiously, but she doesn't protest.

Sunmi tries to lighten the mood. "Well... At least he hasn't banned (Y/N) from the Black Diamond?"

Snarling, Rose crosses her arms and nearly spits out her words. "Because he thinks we're a joke! He took one look at her and decided she wasn't a threat. That WE'RE not a threat." Her fists clench, unclench. "I swear to god, that'll be the last mistake hell ever make." She clenches her fists again, but this time keeps them balled up so tight her nails dig into the skin of her palm.

"Rosie..." I place a palm on her forearm, looking up at her imploringly. Her muscles feel tense as living steel, rigid to the touch. Unable to look me in the eye, Rosé stalks out. I follow her quickly, feeling my lamb nickname fits me more and more.

Rosé doesn't drink any more, to my relief. She hands over to her bar, but pulls a bottle of water from the mini fridge instead. "Here." She tossed one to me. I gulp it down quickly, not sure how I had gotten thirsty without realising.

"That Jimin guy is a real piece of work, Huh?"

I can tell Rosé wants to go for another drink. Her eyes keep wandering to the selection at her bar, weighing the pros and cons.

"Are you okay?" Rosé gives me a look. "... Dumb question, I guess." "It's fine. I'm just mad." "Yeah... What would have happened if Jen sliced him up for real, though?" "A big messy gang war that nobody wants." She responds.

I reach into my purse, pulling out and deck of cards and pushing it into Rosé's hand. "Well, then we'll win through class." "Meaning?" "I'll beat his ass so hard at poker he'll never show his face again." Rosé's eyebrows flicker up.

She's pleased, I can tell, but still distracted. So I insist on cheering her up. "Play another game with me, Rosie. I want to keep practicing." She gives me one of her easy, lazy smiles. But it's washed away in an instant replaced by tight frown. I take both her hands in mine, clutching them and tugging her over the table. "There's that confidence again. I live seeing you get all fired up. But today we need to out you to the final test..."