26

A/N: i'm so sorry i just remembered i have an intership so i need to focus on that but i will try and keep uploading.

Roseanne rarely cries. I'm not sure I've seen her do more than shed a few tears at a time, and that was months ago. I expect her to cry when we get home, I'm ready to comfort her and let her vent it all out. But she just pours herself a shot of whiskey and downs it. She hesitates, the bottle hovering over her shot glass. Looking ashamed, she takes just one more shot and then puts the bottle away. "Small victories." "Hey. I'm cutting back, not going completely dry."

I'm sitting on her bed, the huge, luxurious temple of her room. Patting my lap, I urge her to come closer. Roseanne slumps down next to me, her body draping over my lap. "I love you so much, baby." She rubs her face against the hem of my skirt, nuzzling me. "I love you too, Rosie. Do you want to explain what happened back there?" Rosie is quiet, content to sit close to me. Her hand inches out, closer to mine, and I take it. Our fingers link together. Just when I think she isn't ready to talk, Roseanne lets out a huge sigh. 

"My family abandoned me." Rosie curls up, her head still burried in my lap. I stroke her long, beautiful hair. "I was six. It was my mother, my brother and I. Don't know about my father. Maybe he's dead, maybe just deadbeat." "How did it happen?" I ask for my sake more than hers, thinking of my own parents. Of getting shoved into a car and told I was left for dead. "I don't know. One day I came home and they were just...gone. And they never came back." Roseanne's grief is audible. The pain is so familiar to me, but at the same time,different.  Compounded. Amplified over years and years of questions without aswers. 

"This must seem pretty sappy, huh?" She twists so that she's resting on her back, eyes tilting up at me. Everything about her is like a raw nerve, exposed and vulnerable. "It's not. It's terrible that this happened to you. I'm so sorry. You were just a kid..." "I mean, there was a neighbor who let me stay with her. She told me my family was'n't dead, at least. But she didn't really care about some litlle brat, you know? So there was nobody really looking out for me, making suure I went to school or anything like that. Except.." "Let me guess. Hajoon Kim." Roseanne nods. The name makes her expression darken for an instant, anger flaring up to drown out that intense, cavernous sadness. 

"You told me he caught you stealing." Roseanne laughs. "Yeha! What a shitty skill to pick up. Of all the things I had to become. I just became a criminal. I was...hmm..." Her brows furrow. "Twelve? Thirteen? He gave me a job and a pace to stay. He was an asshole but he didn't mistreat me like he mistreated his daughters. Not at first, anyway." She folds her hands over her stomach, thumbs twiddling. "So...that's it. Sorry, there's nothing really exciting after that. The story doesn't have a proper ending. I joined the gang, and the gang became my family." I bend down to kiss her, grateful for her trust. "So. Chaeng, huh?" "Chaeyoung Jeon. I hate it. I don't want to reconnect or find my heritage or whatever. That's Lili- Lisa's thing. She wants to go find her family that gave her up, and, like, eat some spicy shit. She wants to feel like a real Thai girl? That's her business. Me, I'm about as Korean as Jisoo and Jennie are. I'm not eager to change that." 

Roseanne licks her lips, looking up at me. "...You sure do put up a lot from me." I stroke her hair, unable to help a smile. "Do I?" "Yeah. I'm always hiding my dark secret past, and then it comes and bites me in the butt. And you're there letting me cry all over you and be extremely uncool. I'm supposed to be the sexy, tough gangster. But I just can't keep any kind of image around you..." "Do you have any more tregic secrets you're not sharing with me?" My girlfriend bites her lip, actually thinking hard about this. After considereng it about a solid minute, she shakes her head.  "Um...no. I think I'm done." Then, suddenly, she grips her head. "Oh yeah! And it took me almost half a year to confidently call you my girlfriend!" Her arms flop down as she laments loudly. "That was so terrible of me. And you just put up with that without complaining! Okay. Now I'm done." Sitting, up, Roseanne shakes out her long hair, combing through it with her fingers. "That was a load off my chest." 

Twisting around, she loops an arm over my shoulder and bring me closer for a kiss. "I really do love you." "I know." She frowns. Then, shifting so that she sits on my lap, Roseanne kisses me again. "Do you?" Her palms slide down my chest, squeezing my breasts. No rough need ignites between us, no mad lovemaking. Roseanne takes her time with me, letting me give as much as it takes. "I want you." "Of coure, sweetheart." Her mouth traces down me, worshiping every line and curve.

Neither of us have the energy for a marathon session,  the usual playfulness replaces with sadness and hurt. With the pure comfort of a touch, and endless love. I rest with my head on Roseanne's chest. Rosé has that contemplative look on her face again, eyes locked on the ceiling as though the answer might be written there. "I'm never leaving you." I say it under my breath, abruptly. Her lips twist in a smile. "What if that cursed necklace makes us break up, though?" "It's not cursed. It's just unlucky." "I hate to break it to you, but it is absolutely cursed, babe." I cast am angry glare over at my purse. 

That thing. what are we even going to do with it?

I untangle myself from Roseanne to go grab it, but it's not in the purse. Weird. I check among my clothes, and on the table. Growing more and more concerned. "Rosie. I can't find it." Roseanne perches up on her elbows, staring at me curiously from across the room. Her hair is wild, messy from sex. Roseanne is firmly back to her old self now. She hops ober to me, eyes sharp and alert as she combs through my bag. "Think carefully. Where was the last place you saw the necklace?" "When we were walking away from Jungkook, before you judo flipped him." She smirks at the memory, but I'm left with a dwaring horror. "Oh, DAMN IT." I throw my puse down suddenly realizing where I'd last seen the necklace. "It was in my hand! But then I almost dropped my phone and forgot about the necklace! And Jungkook..." Probably grabbed it quickly. Roseanne blanks out for a second, processing this. Then she starts swearing, quickly putting on her clothes and finding her phone. "Are you saying he STOLE it?!" "I dunno about that, but-" 

She dials a number, foot tapping impatiently. I can hear Jungkook on the other side, faintly, his voice is familiar now. "No time for pleasantries, Jeon." "Come on, Chaeng. That's no way to talk to your younger brohter. Let's chat a litte. Catch up on lost time." "Be quiet, Jungkook. Don't pretend you don't know why I'm calling you." There is a noticeable pause. "Because I have your gemstone." "That's right. And are you going to give it back?" Instead of answering, JUngkook hangs up. Roseanne lets out a string of curse words so long and so inpired, that she's left panting and breathless at the end, cheeks red. I sink down onto one of the chairs, chest ceushed with dread.

"This is all my fault. I'm so sorry, you guys." Roseanne has a deck of cards in her hands. She shuffles them with almost manic fervor. Everyone else looks ready to shed blood, too. "This isn't your fault at all." "You can't be faulted for someone else's actions." "He took advantage of the situation." Sunmi, Jennie and Rosé say reasuring. Jisoo has her laptop out, researching Jungkook. I see page after page of information, drenged up from Sunmi's files. "How on earth did you guys get ahold of those?" "We've got a nice, dirty fed on our side. His name's Namjoon, remind me to introduce you two one of these days."

Nervously, I wonder if this information will bring up his Roseanne's relation to Jungkook... Jennie leans over us, scowling at the monitor. "This is such a kick in the balls. Who does this guy think he is?" "Nobody. He's a lowlife nobody and he messed with the wrong people." Roseanne says frowning at Jisoo's laptop screen. "How do we get it back?" "I'm working on it. I just need to cool my head a bit and we can up with a plan. No matter what, we can't let Jeon get away with this. We'll be laughingstocks." "So what do you propose?" Jisoo looks up at her from her laptop, and I realize then that there's a subtle difference in their dynamic. It wasn't there before, but... Jisoo usually calls all the shots. She's trusting Rosie with this... Determinded, Roseanne stands up straighter. "Isn't it obvious? We steal it right back!"

Sunmi leaps to her feet, galvanized. "A heist! Perfect! What do we know?" "I'll get the guns ready. You do the messy details." Though she speaks with her usual monotone, I can see excitement shining in Lisa's eyes as she rushes to go arm herself. "Listen carefully to me, everybody." Roseanne smiles without humor, grin bloodthirsty and wolfish. "Here's how this is going down."