9

Heyo, late happy birthday to our chipmunk 😔✋
________________________________________________

Rosé's arms tighten around me, warm and firm as her kiss. My back hits the wall, a gasp swallowed up by her lips as she groans, deep in the back of her throat.

"You are so cute..." She sounds tormented bye the fact, biting my lower lip to punish me for it. Her hands don't wander but she's far from chaste. Every kiss sweeps through my head to toe, overloading my senses until I'm drowning.

"Rosie..."

I've never been kissed like this. Ever.

Pausing to bump her forehead against mine, Rosé takes a deal breath. Then she laughs, shakily. "Enough." I retreat, looking up at her with a small frown. "I... I can bend the rules, but I can't break them." Despite her words, her hands cup my face. I lean into her touch in instinct, turning my head to kiss the inside of her wrist.

"Then why did you accept the wager?" She's close enough that I can feel her body trembling, taut as a guitar string. "I didn't think you'd actually win." Feeling misled, I pout. "So much for your utmost confidence in me." Rosé shrugs and averts her gaze. "Listen don't change the subject. This is just a one time thing. Okay?"

Playing with her long hair, Rosé twirls a finger around the edges. She bites her lower lip, thinking hard and still refusing to look at me in the eye.

"No more. I'm no good for you, anyway." She says it sweetly, ducking in to give me a chaste kiss in the cheek. "Now get ready for bed, darling. Don't wait up for me...and don't be your usual cute self and follow me, either." "Where are you headed?"

For just a second, her honey brown eyes seem darker, black as a predator in the water. "...I need a drink." She sighs heavily.

It may be just me, but the way she said it sounded a lot more like "I need to go take a cold shower."

Nodding, I head to the bathroom and get ready for bed as she leaves.

Sleep doesn't come easy.

...this just made things even more confusing. I'm like a forbidden fruit to Rosé, but even if that weren't the case, I doubt she's see me as more than another fling. But that would be fine, wouldn't it... Rosé is nog the kind of woman you should fall in love with. I don't want that, anyway. I just want to win the tournament for her.

She believed me. Vouched for me, coached me. Kissed me...

When I fall asleep, every dream is twisted. Honeyed and dark, yet smooth as melted chocolate sliding down my throat.

Rosé makes herself scarce. When I wake up, I can tell she didn't come back to bed last night, and I don't find her anywhere else in the mansion, either. Shrugging it off, I take the morning to relax.

The poker tournament is coming so soon. Rosie thinks I'm ready, but I don't know yet...

I distract myself by taking Nox for a long, leisurely walk outside. We head back inside shortly after. Walking past the living room, I hear a commotion from within.

"Hand it over, Jen!"

"Over my dead body!"

"Children, please. Can we keep it down to a dull roar?"

Curiously poking my head inside, I see Rosé and Jennie grappling wildly. "Are you two seriously fighting over the remote?"

Arms crossed, Sunmi gives me the long-suffering look of saint. "They've been at this for like thirty minutes now."