27

A fire is stirred up among us as we plot our counter attack.

"A little birdie of mine told me where Jungkook is going to be staying for the next week." Our lawyer drops a series of blueprints on the kitchen table. "And guess who knows every door, nook and cranny?" Lisa sidle up to us grinning, arms laden with at least three different kinds of grenades. "Lisa." Lisa pauses when she hears Jisoo call her, then frowns deeply. "You're playing distraction. I don't know why you think you need all those for that." "It's better to be prepared." "Yes, but we don't want to kill anyone if we don't have to." Lisa looks at me for support, and I'm forced to let her down. "I mean...if at all possible, yeah. We should ease up a bit." Lisa just sighs.

Taking the blueprints, I memorize the layout of the hotel in an instant and pass them over to Rosé for her to study. "Jisoo and Sunmi are going to be the front. They'll meet with Jungkook in the hotel lobby to attempt a negotiation. Y/N and I are gonna break our way into his hotel room and steal the jewel. He'll be holding it in the hotel room safe." "Wait, how do you know that?" Jennie asks. "Because I know. Just trust me." She stands next ti her, reaching to pinch her cheeks. Scowling, Jennie rubs her face off her shoulder. "You and Lisa, being our resident troublemakers, are going to cause a ruckus and cover our escape. Draw all attention to the front of the hotel." Roseanne beams, a thousand-watt smile. "Think you can do that?" There is a sharp hiss of gas and a click. Lisa flicks on a steel lighter, already grinning in anticipation.

Roseanne and I idle in the street near the hotel, waiting for the signal. When Jisoo sends us the text, Rosé grins wolfishly and starts to head out. "Hey. Roseanne." I stop her with a hand on her shoulder forcing her to pause before we go any further. "Can I get one of those...?" I brush a hand over her gun holster. "Maybe later. First we need to teach you how to actually shoot." "But Lisa has been teaching me already!" "Then ask Lisa for a gun..." She smiles amused and I stick my tongue out at her.

The hotel is huge enough that we don't come across our other team members. "How will we know if the negotiations go south?""I have Lisa standing by. The moment it looks like Jisoo won't-" She grips my upper arm suddenly as the ground rumbles underneath us. An explosion rattles the building, every light flickering on and off. "I'm guessing that's the signal!" Drawing her pistol, Roseanne leads the way.

We find Jungkook's hotel room, and after a moment of testing the handle she just kicks it down. "Find the safe." A quick search and I find what we're looking for. "It's here in the closet!" "Good. I'll guard the doo and make sure no one else is in this room. You set the charge." Getting down on my knees, I set the charge Lisa gave us right over the lock. "Okay! The counter's going down!" "Over here!" I don't need to be told twice. Scrambling over to her, I let her draw me away. We crouch, one of the room couches between us and the safe. Her arms wrap around me, my head resting against her chest. Roseanne's heart is beating out of control, but her expression remains calm.

BANG!

The controlled explosive goes off, quieter than i expected. When I peek over the edge, I can see the saf doo creaked open, hanging on a broken hinge. "Perks of having a gun nut for a best friend, huh?"

Necklacce in hand,we're out in a flash and return to Roseanne's car. Out front, I hear the sound of gunfire and more explosives. We told Nini and the rest to not directly engage them. Still, I'm worried. "Are they gonna be okay?" "Hopefully they're already leading Jungkook on a merry goose chase through the city. But once we're back on our home turf-" Whatever she's about to say next gets cut off by a bullet, rococheting off her car door. "-Shit!" She floors it, racing off into the night. In the rearview mirror, I can see the shining lights of at least three different cars, all of them locked on us. "They're chasing us!" "Yeah, I realised that!" Twisting in my seat, I watch with growing dread as three other cars try to flank us. Rosé's black convertible is faster than all of them, but we're locked in tight in these city streets.

"I've got this." "Got what?" "Another distraction, of course!" Staccoto gunfire pings off Roseanne's convertible, so close I can almost feel te heat of the bullets. "Okay, NOW I'm mad!"Seized by inspiration, I hop into the backseet. A knife in my purse easily cuts open the upholstery, and within the cushion... Is a semiautomatic rifle.

Thank you, Lisa, for being crazy prepared literally all the time.

"Hey, babe?" "Yeah?!" She yells over the roaring wind and the bestial growl of the car engines. I climb back into the front seat, giving her the necklace. "Can you hold this real quick?" Roseanne looks from the necklace to the gun in my hands, eyes wide. "...Did Lisa seriously hide that in my convertible?" Then she throws her head back and cackles, shifting gears and speeding even faster down the empty streets.

I brace one foot on the door, the gun unbearably heavy in my arms. I spray gunfire widly, the kick stronger than I could have anticipated. "...This looks a lot easier when guys do it!" "Who cares how the guys do it?!" I take aim again, this time trying to brace the butt of the gun against my chest. Rosé is laughing, holding the necklace above her head in triumph. "Hey boys! Do you want this neeeeecklace?" There's no way the other cars can hear Rosé over all the noise, but they certainly see her taubnting gesture. A loud series of swears and angry yelling follows us as I open fire one more time. "Fuck off!" I firre until the gun clicks uselesslt, but it's enough. The other cars veer away, smoking and charred and riddled with bullets. Roseanne speeds us back home.

Lurching to a halt, Roseanne and I sit in the driveway for a solid minute. The gun is still on my lap, barrel poited away from Rosé. She grips the steering wheel, letting out a long, trembling death. "Sooo." Roseanne turns to me, resting her arm over the back of my seat. "Did you have fun on our date, love?" Speechless, I toss the gun aside and clamber onto her lap. Roseanne grabs a fistful of my hair, pulling my head back to claim my mouth in a kiss. With teeth and tongue and hands, she takes me at a harsh angle, the engine still rumbling in a low purr. "Wait. Wait, wait." She draws back, the hunger in her eyes making me shiver. Carefully, she fastens my necklace back where it belongs, and then she kisses me again. "We...we should wait for the others..." "Why? Want a crowd watching us?" I laugh, giddy from excitement.

A trail of clothing leads from her room door to the bed, town apart in haste. "C'mon. Hurry, hurry." She pleads against my lips, every kiss open mouthed and waiting. I struggle with the last of her clothing, leaving red marks in my wake. Laughing, I let her roll us over so she's on top, eagerly celebrating our victory over the other gang.

There was a point I wanted to stay up and wait for the rest of the gang to arrive, but Roseanne is relentless when she makes love. A shiver rolls down my spine at the memory, and sowly I wake... Until a loud crash has me at full alert. Anything except Rosé leaning at her bar, head bowed and hands grasping the counter. "Rosie?" Wrapping a blanket around me, I pad over to her on bare feet. She's furious, livid... "Damn it. Damn it!" She refuses to look me in the eyes. "Rosie, what's wrong? Is anyone hurt?" "Fake." She says stiffly. "Huh?" "Fake! It's a replica!" Whirling around, she shows me the necklace. I instinctively reach for the hollow of my throat, not realizing she must have taken it off me in the middle of the night. "What do you..?" "The necklace we stole, Y/N. The necklace in his safe. It's a god damn fake!"

A/N: my feet hurt 🧑‍🦯