20

I sleep soundly with Rosé's chest pressed against my back, her arms wrapped tight around me. When our alarm shrieks, she reaches past me to slap it off before collapsing back onto the mattress.

"Mm. Rosie... Ready for the game today?"

Her  hands arch out, finger splayed wide as her palm slides up the front of my shirt. "It's still not too late too run away, you know." She squeezes my breast. Giggling, I try to squirm away and she presses her bodoy more insistentle against me in response. "I'm not leaving and lettingsomeone else deal with all my problems. And I need to make sure my parents aren't in any danger."

Hesitantly, Rosé speaks again. "Why do you still care so much about them? After what they did?" I turn around in her arms, smoothing back her hair as I search for an answer.

I'm not really sure, myself. Everything just happened so fast...

"There's a chance they didn't leave me on purpose." Rosé winces. "Are you really banking everything on just that slim hope?" I shake my head. "Even if they did leave me, they're my parents. I'll love them no matter what. Plus, it would be wrong to run away now. You and the gang need me."

Propping herself up on her hands and knees above me, Rosé frowns. She stares at me, brows furrowed in confusion. Then she kisses me, gently, giving me time to pull away if I didn't want it.

"I love you." She says blushing.

She kisses me again, longer now, heat suffusing through me with the simple action.

"...I don't think I've loved anyone as much as I love you. I hope you know what I mean when I say you're the only one."

I drag her back for another kiss, pulling her on top of me. Rosé groans softly against my mouth, nails dragging a row of lines down my sides before grasping me by the hips.

"Roseanne! I thought I said be ready by nine?"

We both pause, glaring hard at the intercom on the wall. Jisoo's voice blares out again. "Are you even awake? Do I need to come drag you out of bed?" Rosé sighs. "Let's...let's get dressed."

When we arrive at the casino, we attract stares wherever we go, eveyone knowing who we are. Who I am. More than a few times I hear my parents' names as well, rumors of their treachery running rampant. Stroking the lucky rabbit's foot in my pocket, I scan the room.

"All the other bosses are here."

"More than a few politicians, too."

I gulp nervously. "Does that mean Ha-joon will be here too?" Jisoo narrows her eyes, seeking out familiar faces. "Yeah. Look. There's the bastard right now."

When I spot him, Ha-joon is deep in conversation with Jimin. Then Jimin catches my eye, bounding over to cause trouble like he always does. "Well well! It's Rosie and her little pet! Don't cry when you lose, kid." "If it means I never have to see you again, I might cry tears of joy."

The dealer enters the room, clearing their throat noticeable enough to get us moving.

"We'll be watching from the sidelines, (Y/N)."

"Good luck!"

"Thanks, guys."

Before she has to join the rest of the crowd, Rosé kisses me for luck. "You got this." I wrap the rabbit's foot around my wrist, squeezing it again for reassurance as the match begins.

Jimin plays recklessly, making me nervous depite myself. All the sedate, careful style I'd prepared for is nowhere to be found. But I adapt to it as best as I can. "So I was asking around, and you know what Rosie's best known for?" The trash talk is relentless, too. "I'm sure it can't be anything good."