10

Jimin saunters closer to me, forcing me to take a step back until I bump into Rosé. "Wow, they really let anyone play at these."

Rosé sets her hands on my shoulders, nails digging in like a possessive cat. "Of course. You're here, aren't you?" Jimin laughs. He's chewing a piece of chewing gum, reminding me of a cow munching grass. "Make sure you stand somewhere I can see you, Rosé. I want to see your face when I dominate." He blows a bubble, letting it loudly pop. "Kinky." Rosé responds smirking slightly. A flick of annoyance crosses Jimin's face. Rolling his eyes, he heads over to her spot.

Rosé's arms drop, only to wrap around my waist and squeeze me tightly. "I know you can win against her. You got this." Then Rosé vanishes away, back to the crowd. I'm completely on my own now.

Focus. Focus. I have to focus.

A smart, cool-handed player can win, even if they don't have the best hands. Breathing out slowly, I take my place at the table and the match begins. Across from me, Jimin looks very composed. "Looks like it's you and me against a bunch of old farts. Maybe we should join forces?"

"I don't like your boss much"

"Mr. Kim is not so bad. Since you're so cute, I could out in a good word for you." He grins and winks.

Sure

My memory quirk helps the game along, but only so much. The other players are definitely much older than Jimin and I, and they make their displeasure known. "Maybe she got lost in her way to the girls scouts." One of the gamblers says laughing. "Don't be too hard on her. I think it's cute R.P. brings her pets to nice places." The dealer says chuckling, and the older gamblers laugh at it. Normally, I would be blushing straight down my neck. But when I'm in the middle of a game I have to focus that helps keep me cool.

People always tell me I have a terrible poker face. Well not anymore.

Despite their words, I knock one of the other players out in a single turn.

"YES! YES!" Lisa grabs Jennie by both shoulders, shaking her. I bluff, hard.

For his part, Jimin plays conservatively and safely, which I find very surprising.

Rosé said I should try small talk if I can. Here goes nothing u guess.

"Hey, Jimin." He looks bored up. "Hmm?" "Nothing. You're quite, I was wondering if you'd had fallen asleep with your eyes open." "I might've just, if this match doesn't become more challenging." Jimin mumbles something under his breath, throwing a handful of chips onto the pile as he raises.

That's kinda rude... You're not supposed to just toss them like that.

The fact that he's still raising at all makes me nervous, though.

She only bets when she knows she'll win. Ugh, this is so annoying!

Jimin keeps up the pressure until everyone folds, including me. Then reveals a royal flush. Jimin grins, maybe sensing my irritation, and pops another obnoxious huge bubble.

I hope the next one explodes all over his face.

The gang continues to act like my personal cheerleading squad, just bordering on the edge of getting themselves kicked out for disorderly conduct. "Go (Y/N)!" "KICK HIS ASS!" "You can do it!" "Take it home, kid."

Not hearing her voice, I look around for Rosé, trying to spot her in the crowd. Fear grips my heart...until I pick eyes with her across the room, the only person standing still. She mouths to me. 'you...got..this.'

Trembling all over, I redouble my efforts. Playing like someone strapped a rocket to me, and the winner got the matchbox. The whole world narrows down to nothing except me, and her, and the game. Just like that's I sail to victory with Rosé's eyes on me.