CHAPTER 23

Is he so fond of his text mate that he is so happy? I parked my car near his car then got out and approached him. He slid his cellphone in his pocket and waited for me to approach him. When I got close to him, he bowed slightly so I just laughed at what he did.

                   "Okay, stop that John? We're friends. There's no need for that." I laughed commanding him. He adjusted his position and smiled at me a little.

                      "Come on, let's go in. Let's talk about the company" I said to him and entered the mansion, I knew he was following behind me. I sat on the sofa and he also sat next to me. He laid the folders containing the reports on the glass table. One folder, one company of mine.

                       "Comment vont les entreprises John?" I asked him while scanning the reports. May ilang reports na hindi ko nagustuhan. But so far so good. It's not that bad.

(Trans.: How's the companies John?)

                        "Tout va bien. Il y a eu quelques problèmes, mais ils ont été résolus immédiatement." he answered me so I nod as an answer.

(Trans.: Everything is fine. There were a few issues, but they were fixed immediately.)

                           "Maintenant, parlons d'autres choses." I rest my back on the sofa and crossed my arms on my chest. I stared at him and saw him smiled a bit.

(Trans.: Now, let's talk about some other stuff)

                             "What stuffs you want to talk about Max?" He asked, so I thought. What am I going to ask him?

                               "Are you serious about her?" I asked him. I noticed he stiffened so I almost laughed. 

                               "About Erin? Yes, I'm serious about her. How about you? Are you serious about Douglas?" I almost fell into my seat because of his question. Does he really need to ask that? 

I looked at him badly.

                           "Isn't it obvious that I am serious about him? I can do everything just to have him" I replied firmly to him. He smiled at me as if to say that he would support me.

                          "Then we're fine. I'll support you with Douglas. Just don't hurt him. Because he's a friend of the person I love." I smiled at what he said.

                         "Of course. I won't hurt him. By the way, will you sleep here?" I asked him. He looked first at his wristwatch.

                       "Maybe I'll just sleep here. My condo is a bit far, I'm tired too." I just stood up. "Why don't you just live here? You know this house is big and I'm alone." I walked upstairs and I knew he was just behind me following.

                        "It's embarrassing Max. I'm in charge of your companies, and you still want me to stay here? I feel like I'm abusing your kindness." I just sighed at what he said.

                       "Bring your belongings here tomorrow. Don't argue with me anymore. Starting tomorrow, you will stay here. Here's your room. Good night John" I didn't let him answer and I walked to my own room. I don't like everyone who opposes me. I just want him to be here instead of paying for his condo, wait, he doesn't pay there because I bought it for him. But even so, I want him to live here. There is no problem there because I am alone here in this mansion.