02 | the art of not engaging in violence.

❝ getting lost in you
was the best adventure
i have ever had.

- gemma troy.❞

● ● ●

CHRISTIAN'S P.O.V

HOLY SHIT, I was late, again. I all but ran my way through the halls — almost crashing into a bunch of freshmen guys staring at a blonde girl. Probably the most beautiful girl of their batch. I glared at them a little, and then they were gone — up and running. Maybe I still had the whole school captain persona.

"Christian!" Lucas called out and I whirled around on the heels of my shoes for a dramatic flair. "I have been searching all over the school for you!"

I smiled. "You didn't search in the library, pal."

"Mate," He said, shaking his head and combing out that messy hair of his from his eyes. "The first period hasn't even started yet. I thought you were on the grounds, reading some new book!"

"Oh no, I was doing some research in the library. And also, you're wrong, it will start in another four minutes and I was already running behind on fifty-seven seconds — it will take me a bit of time to walk to class, unless I somehow grow lower limbs that are longer than my current ones, or I increase my walking speed." He rolled his eyes. I grinned. "And now that I stopped here to talk with you, I'm late by a whooping one minute, eighty-nine seconds—" I almost screamed the last part as I checked my watch, my eyes widening, my feet ready to bolt. "—I will see ya later, buddy! Good day!" And then, I ran.

Not even ten seconds had passed before I came to a halt — thanks to Miss Diva, who I found crouched on the floor, her books spread all over, and with her glaring daggers at the red-haired sophomore who was standing two feet away from her, almost trembling in his skin. Uh-oh, Divagirl was going to eat him alive.

"You ruined my nails!" She screamed, shoving her manicured fingers in his face. Judging by the rage etched on her face, the poor guy was probably the reason why her books were all over the floor.

"I'm, I'm sorry!" The guy managed to blurt out, but that only made Divagirl's temper flare.

"Sorry? Sorry?! Will your sorry make my nails go back to being perfect? Will your sorry magically gather my books and put them back in my arms? Sorry — you're sorry! Ah! That should solve everything!"

"I—" The guy looked at a loss for words. I smirked a little, leaning against the lockers, watching the scene unfold. "Forgive me!"

"Forgive you? My ass! If I see you in the hallways, walking with your nose buried in your phone again and with no sense of direction — I will slap you so hard that the reason for one of my broken nails will be told by the giant scar on your cheek. Got it?"

The guy furiously nodded. Divagirl sighed. "Now scurry away, go to class. I ain't got time for you lot."

The bell rang.

Oh no.

I finally concluded on the fact that running to class while jumping over those beautiful books would be a sin. So with a huge sigh, I walked forward and crouched down beside Divagirl, helping her gather her books.