30 | the saga of alcohol and divagirl.

CHRISTIAN'S P.O.V

WE WON THE GAME. By we, I obviously meant our school team won the game, because I had absolutely no talent whatsoever when it came to football. But Lucas was a beast out there on the field — I had attended a lot of his games before, but he had never played with such fervor before. But then again, there was another reason why I had never paid so much attention before — it wasn't everyday you had Walter sitting next to you, screaming her lungs out whenever there was a note-worthy pass or a nice goal.

"You are the most formally dressed person in this place," I had said as soon as she had entered the stands. She had rolled her eyes, but she knew it herself — even in clothes that one might call… chic sporty, she looked far too elegant. How she could manage to look like the most elegant person while having the mouth of a sailor always made me wonder — but then again, here she was, wearing a black and white checkered long coat over a black hoodie and black sweatpants and still had all the elegance and haughtiness of a queen of some faraway land. She had paired the outfit with an off white handbag that looked darker than the white of her coat, and she had even taken the liberty to wear sneakers — a type of shoe I never thought I'd see her wear. But then again, Walter always did dress for the occasion.

"Thanks, I know I look good."

"You always do," I had admitted. "I never thought I'd see you in… pants. I have never seen you in pants before, I think."

She had given me a coy smile. "You haven't. I mostly wear skirts because I think people enjoy the view of my long legs."

I had opened my mouth to respond and had then closed it. What did I even reply with? She had hid a smile, leaning in. "I was kidding. I only wear skirts so you can appreciate my legs."

My whole face had heated up. I would have been lying if I said that I hadn't noticed her legs before. Did friends tease you like this? "Only for me? That seems generous."

She had leaned in, her smile laced with conspiracy and sin. "It's… payback, I suppose. Because after all, more often than not, I do enjoy a nice view of your butt in those pants you wear," She had said, her mouth crass as always. I was simultaneously turned on and wanted the earth to swallow me whole at the same time. "These sweatpants flatter your butt very much, by the way."

"Why, thank you," I had said. "I wore them for you."

The wry smile she had flashed me could easily kill any man. "I noticed."

"Whose hoodie is that?" I had asked after a few moments as she made herself comfortable on the seat next to me. I checked out my own hoodie once — a shade of black that looked almost the same as that of Walter's, and I had paired it with sweatpants. We were unintentionally matching — a fact that Walter had pointed out as soon as she had seen me.

"Oh, I bought it for this occasion," She had murmured. "Don't know when I'll wear it again. Maybe to Lucas' next match? I might layer it with a sweater vest next time. Or oh, a brighter coat. I might buy new pairs of sweatpants for more games too — but it might not be a wise decision because I won't wear them often and they'll go to waste. Let's see. I wanted to be the most casual and properly dressed for my first time here."

I had shaken my head, leaning in towards her until her ear was lined with my mouth. "Next time, just take one of my hoodies."

She hadn't responded to that statement, but if I wasn't wrong — I had seen her blush.

She seemed to understand the game far, far better than I ever could — which led to Walter sighing in between, and explaining parts of the game to me. Maybe it was the way she was explaining or maybe it was the excitement in her eyes — but I could feel the excitement of the game as well. And when Lucas had scored a goal that looked pretty much magical to me, Walter had screamed so hard that even if Lucas was in China, I was sure he would have heard her. She got a few dirty looks from the neighboring people — but Walter turned the tables — she gave them dirty looks instead and asked them why they were being so quiet when there was such an invigorating game going on. Then she had smirked and had said that it was understandable that they weren't cheering the players up and were looking down at those who were doing so because they probably didn't understand the game. Now a lot of people must have been struck by that statement — because the next thing I know, our side of the stands was cheering very loudly and the players were playing better than ever.