04 | the library cataclysm.

CHRISTIAN'S P.O.V

     I WAS ANNOYED, AND WANTED TO BECOME INVISIBLE TO EVERYONE IN SIGHT. Well, except for Lucas and the librarian. I scoffed again as we stopped between the classics and magazines shelves.

"Man, chill," Lucas muttered, slinging an arm around my shoulders. I wanted to cry out an oomf, seeing that his athletic arm not-so-graciously hit my precious, dainty arm - but I knew he would snicker and push me to take up a sport. The world would probably have a sonnet written by Einstein in pure Latin before me playing a sport. Unless reading books was someday included as a sport. Oh, I would definitely ace at it.

"Chill? Chill? You're asking me to chill when that cruel girl had the nerve to not only help my mum pick out clothes for me, but also got herself invited for dinner to our house! Her parents are fine, but God I wish that they would leave her behind and come to the dinner without her. Ugh."

"It's still only Monday," He said. "Sunday is still far away. Take a deep breath and stop fussing, mate."

I took a deep breath. And inhaled dust.

And then I sneezed. Loudly. Everyone's attention in the library snapped to me and my skin pricked, and I was scared that I would nervously start sweating. I had just had my shirt and blazer ironed. Lucas cleared his throat loudly which broke through the air and in under a minute, everyone went back to their works. I sighed in relief.

"Thanks bro," I said, shooting Lucas a grateful smile. "I love you."

He shook his head, laughing. "Gay."

"Well well well, where did your manners go, sniveller? Sneezing in the middle of the library without whipping out your boring checkered handkerchief to wipe your nose?" A familiar voice said from behind. "Scandalous. You're becoming a bit of a bad boy, aren't you?"

I whirled around with a sneer pasted on my face. Divagirl. She was standing in front of me, a magazine in her hand, her school uniform always ironed to perfection and her dress always standing out among the crowd even though all the girls wore the same uniform. Ugh, it was so annoying. She was annoying, strutting around in her perfect outfit.

"Got quite a mouth on you, don't you? Someone should teach you what to do with it." The words were out of mouth before my mind could register what I was even saying.

I watched as her eyebrows shot up slightly in surprise, definitely not expecting this reply before she regained her composure the all too disgusting wry smile creeping up on her face. "Look at you, Sinclair. Just begging for someone to put you in your place in the middle of the library. Brave."

"Yeah? And you think that you can handle that?" I asked, taking a step further towards her. I had expected her to take a step back and find me intimidating, but what I absolutely didn't expect was for her to take a step forward as well. My mouth twitched. "That's so cute of you, Walter, really. For all your confidence and pride, I could have you on your knees in a heartbeat, alright? And you know what, it would suit you too. Little, cruel Divagirl — on her knees," I murmured, pleased with my retort.

A lazy smirk appeared on her face, and that's exactly when I knew I had walked right into a trap. "Why Sinclair, you think about that image a lot?"