33 | body says yes, mind says no.

JANNAT'S P.O.V

"I THINK I AM WILDLY ATTRACTED TO SINCLAIR," I admitted grimly, sinking further into the settee, the round pillow clutched in a death grip between my arms and my lap. "And the worst part is, I think he is attracted to me too.” A pause. “This is my ruin."

"Now, we all know that this isn't your ruin," Adri exclaimed from the kitchen as she expertly chopped some vegetables, and probably her fingers off as well. "Don't be dramatic over such a natural thing."

"I don't think being wildly attracted to your rival is a very natural thing though," Neil commented, frowning at the glare Adri shot at him. Neil meekly stood up from the kitchen island and took a seat near me — at a considerable distance from Adri.

"I am scared that she will throw a knife or two at me when I say something she doesn't agree with," Neil murmured to me.

I nodded earnestly. "Honestly? Your concerns are understandable."

"Well, I think this was bound to happen," Este added her thoughts from beside the potted plant. "It's the age-old dilemma — body says yes, mind says no."

Este had decided that the best place to take a seat was right next to the potted plants, and she had dragged a chair there. We were in Adrienne's house because after she saw me still fixated on the whole Sinclair's confession thing, she dragged me to her house to bake me a cake. And then make me some lunch. Neil was invited over a long call. I wasn't going to argue when my friends wanted to take care of me.

"How is this even real?" I hummed, sighing again. "I mean, I never felt like this for Lucas."

"Probably because you were never truly attracted to Lucas," Neil clarified for me. Adri pointed the sharp point of her knife at Neil before she spoke up.

"That's the first good thing he has said since morning. Very astute observation."

"Finally," Neil quipped. "Here I thought that I'd pass away before I heard a compliment from you."

Adri viciously cut a carrot in half. "Very funny."

Neil looked at me, grinning. "So, as I was saying, I don't think you were ever truly attracted to Lucas. You admired him, perhaps, but it was never more than that. It was a short-lived crush that went as quickly as it had come."

"Then, what's this absurd feeling that I have for Sinclair? It's very all-consuming."

"That's something called love," Este commented. I threw a dirty look her way but the plant had stolen her attention once again.

"If it isn't love yet, I'd say it's something pretty damn close to it." Neil shrugged. "It's something that you've built over time. It's more passionate, way stronger, and much more patient and calmer than what you had with Lucas. You might feel excited around him, but he will also turn out to be the only person you can be relaxed and calm around. It's very contradictory."

"You sound like a love-guru."

Neil held up his hands. "In my defense, my mother is a couples therapist."

"Ah." I nodded. "A lot of the insightful stuff regarding love and romance and what not that you often say makes a lot more sense now."

"What's the source of Este's hopeless romantic ideologies, then?" Adri inquired.

"She has read too many romance novels I think," I murmured. "You should pay more attention to the book stash in her room. It's only romantic books. Check out her playlists too. Only love songs."

"Say whatever you want," Este said, shaking her head. "But my predictions regarding things like these are always right. Remember when I told you that Christian was tailor-made for you?"