29 | she knows, she knows, she knows.

JANNAT'S P.O.V

"THAT SHIRT LOOKS NICE," I commented as I approached the part of the field where Lucas was half lying, half sitting. He sat up fully as he saw me approaching.

"Thanks!" He beamed at me.

"I was lying," I smiled back at him. "You should buy some new t-shirts, because of the upcoming match and everything. You need stuff to wear to the after-party. Come shopping with me this weekend, we will get a bunch of new ones for you. Does Kiton sound good?"

"Kitty on?"

"Kiton," I repeated, shaking my head. "If not Kiton, maybe Tom Ford? Or hmm... Brunello Cucinelli? You seem more like a Kiton type of guy, though."

"I understand nothing of what you just said," He replied. "And to what do I owe this pleasure? You barging out on the field and talking to me?"

"Because we are friends now, obviously," I murmured. Lucas gestured at my feet - which were currently heels clad and were half digging into the soil and grass. I pulled my heels out free and Lucas patted on the grass next to him. I shook my head furiously. No grass stains on my skirt.

Lucas pulled up his shirt and spread it on the open place next to him, beckoning for me to sit. He was only in a vest now, and some people passing by discreetly checked him out. Once, I too would have been one of them. Out of the corner of my eye, I found Robin giving me a dirty look. I winked at him, blowing him a flying kiss before I took the seat next to Lucas.

"You did not need to do that," I said, pointing to the t-shirt I was sitting on. "Why would you do that? But really, thanks."

"Because you're my friend obviously," He threw my words back at me. "And you're welcome." He leaned forward, stretching out his arms over his head. He... in a lack of words, stank, so I quickly fished out the bottle of essential oils from my bag and threw it at him.

"Put it on."

"But these smells are usually pulled off by women," Lucas whined.

"Do not be a baby, Lucas," I clicked my tongue. "You are not allowed to discriminate when you stink like this."

"I do not stink!" He protested.

"And I don't wear Chanel!" I mocked him. He shook his head, pushing the bangs out of his eyes before putting the oil on his palms and rubbing it over his underarms and neck and shoulder. I pointed to the inside of his elbow and the back of his ear and he proceeded to apply the oil there as well. Then I handed him a tissue to wipe his hands.

"You are right," Lucas said after a moment, sniffing the air. "I smell of jasmine. Ah, this feels so much better!"

"I am always right, thanks for recognizing my ability," I murmured breezily, giving Lucas a glare as he threw the glass oil bottle at me - which I caught in time, thankfully. He gave me a sheepish grin in return.

"So, now that we are friends," I started again. "I feel like I should tell you this."

Lucas dug his shoes into the ground, the soil surrounding his shoe pushing up in response to the pressure. "Tell me what?"

"I used to have a major crush on you," I admitted. "Since third grade."

"Since third grade?" He sputtered. "That's a long time."

I shrugged. "If it's of any comfort, you should know that I don't have a crush on you anymore."

He stifled a laugh. I frowned - what type of reaction was this? I wasn't expecting whatever this was. "Okay, just out of curiosity," Lucas said. "Why do you not have a crush on me anymore? Is it because my personality had a downgrade or whatever or... hear me out, is it because you like someone else now?"