27 | it's twisted but it's love.

JANNAT'S P.O.V

"ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS, BABA?" I muttered for the hundredth time, my hand on my hip. "Are you absolutely sure about this?"

"I am definitely not," Baba nodded. Dad nudged him in the side, and Baba sighed, pasting an obviously false smile on his face. "What I meant is— I am completely sure about this. You can go to the sleepover, shona. I am completely fine with it. You look gorgeous, by the way."

"Yes, you look very nice," Dad agreed. I gave a little twirl, showing off my olive green colored ribbed halter bodice and a matching A-line skirt that tapered off till my mid-thighs. To fight the growing cold, I had slipped in a black warmer inside and had slipped on an overcoat on top of the whole outfit — a coat in the lightest shade of mint green that had lapels made up of faux fur and was an inch longer than my dress — bringing in a perfect contrasting element to the outfit scheme. I paired it with a pair of black leg warmers, with a pair of cream colored stockings over it, and grabbed a cream colored bag with vibrant, coral pink buttons — a colour that seemed to tie my outfit together so well that I couldn't help but slip on coral pink colored ankle boots as well.

"Thanks," I grinned. "And thanks again, Baba, for getting over your hesitation."

"Of course he got over it," Dad said, putting an arm around Baba's shoulder. "I know Ava's father — Mr.Blake. I play golf with him sometimes. It wasn't very hard to convince your Baba to let you go when I already knew the family."

I honestly wouldn't have minded if he hadn't convinced Baba and he hadn't let me go to Ava's for the sleepover. I was dreading it. And not for the reason you'd think — no, it wasn't because Ava was being unpleasant to me — in fact, over the course of these two weeks where we had built a friendship of sorts, Ava had made it clear that she had never hated me. She only hated Sinclair, and for the time being I was his girlfriend, and Ava just hated me because of my association. Over these past few days, she has actually been… pretty nice to me. And in a twisted way, I felt bad because I knew that I had to stab her in the back at the end of all this. Damn me! If I didn't have a proper conscience, everything would have been so much easier.

Dad pointed at my legs. "Are you only wearing stockings? Won't your legs get cold?"

"No Dad, they're actually leg warmers that match the colour of my skin, and have a sheer, netting layer on top to give the illusion so it'll look like I am only wearing stockings," I said, bending down to grab and stretch a piece of my leg warmers so that my parents could be at peace when I stepped out. "See?"

"That's so clever," Baba hummed. "But enough of this nonsense chit-chat. Jannat shona, there is something I need to warn you about before you go." He stopped, closing his eyes for a moment before he continued speaking. "Don't kiss anyone."

"What?" I frowned, confused. "Why would I kiss anyone? It's a girls' sleepover. It's only me and Ava. You don't have to worry."

"I don't have to worry?" Baba repeated, looking comical with his wide eyes and open mouth. "Where do you think your Dad and I met?"

"You guys met at a sleepover?" 

"Yes," Dad interjected. "It was at a mutual friend's. He often  held sleepovers at his place — and they were always so epic. Your Baba kissed me that night, even though it was the first time we had ever met. He is a lot more daring than he looks."

Baba slapped Dad's arm, and he smiled sheepishly in return, and I looked at their gross, gross love and smiled. I think I finally realised who I got my violent tendencies from. Monkey see, monkey do.